One month breastfeeding exclusively

catty

Reaction score
Now I no compared to some of you ladies that have bf for many months/years that a month is an incredibly short amount of time but I'm so proud I managed to make it here!!
I thought I'd definately have gave her some formula by now but iv actually been to busy to even think about it as I also have a 12 month old.
This time round iv been much less worried about that others think which helps so much!! In my area people my age typically do not breastfeed and I'm not even that young (25) iv met a few older mums that breastfeed but haven't actually met anyone my age that lasted after their hospital stay. Not that there is anything wrong with that but it does make me feel more awkward in public doing it.

Anyway just thought I'd share and see if there is anyone else at the start?

Things I have found the hardest - the agony of cracked nipples after a few days
Mastitis that gave me flu like symptoms
Knowing even though my boyfriend stays up later than me I have to do all the feeds (keep forgetting to pump)
Exhaustion

Good points:
It's on tap
Luckily she is a good feeder and has a good latch
No washing up, sterilising
Don't have to remember to take milk out with me
Don't have to get out of bed to make a bottle.

Think that's it, anyone else feel free to share :)

Congratulations. The first month is the hardest one! It gets easier every month. Xxxx

Well done you. I was the same as you so happy to reach that 1 month milestone. The first month is the hardest and I now enjoy feeding most if the time

Congrats! You've made it through the hardest part and things should be easier and more enjoyable from now on!

I've been BF my DD for just over 6weeks and the time has flown. The worst thing for me is the night feeds, but she's just slept through for the first time last night so hopefully that stage is nearly behind us! The best part is watching my DD grow and knowing that I'm helping her do that all by myself.

I BF my DS for a year and I can't believe how quickly time goes so I'm trying to enjoy every minute (even the night feeds lol)

Congrats! The most difficult part is over!

Well done!

You may say that one month is only a very short amount of time but those first few weeks are, in my opinion, by far the most difficult few weeks of the entire breastfeeding journey. You have every right to be proud of yourself! :winkwink:

I know what you mean about being young and breastfeeding. I was 18 when I was breastfeeding my daughter and I felt really nervous NIP and no one around me breastfed. Over those years of breastfeeding I've met loads of mum's like me at baby groups and breastfeeding cafes and I have an awesome support network. Well done making it 1 month. I'm struggling this time with keeping motivated. Everyone around me keeps telling me how much easier it would be if I FF.... x

I know what you mean about being young and breastfeeding. I was 18 when I was breastfeeding my daughter and I felt really nervous NIP and no one around me breastfed. Over those years of breastfeeding I've met loads of mum's like me at baby groups and breastfeeding cafes and I have an awesome support network. Well done making it 1 month. I'm struggling this time with keeping motivated. Everyone around me keeps telling me how much easier it would be if I FF.... x

I no what you mean everyone keeps saying to me it would be better for lucas if I FI as she will go longer between feeds. Also she will sleep longer and I will have more time with him. I FF lucas from 3 weeks and none of that was true. Also it's easier to play on the floor breastfeeding than it is bottle. I just wish I could be bothered expressing more would make going out easier.

Well done! The first month is definitely the hardest!

Congratulations! I agree with all above that this is definitely a milestone to celebrate as that one month is like an eternity when you're tired. X

Congratulations that is a BIG milestone, the take up rate in the UK is quite high but those that manage to make it for whatever reason for even a month is pretty low so you should be really proud of yourself xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->