One side or two?

Katteh

Reaction score
Do your LOs take one or both sides per feed? For the past 5 weeks (he's 3 months) my LO has just taken one side and won't have the second. I keep hearing both sides at a feed are better for supply but he just won't take the second! Infact it's rare that he even finishes the first.

My daughter is over 10 months old and rarely takes both sides. The only time she has taken both has been during a growth spurt. During the spurt she will only do it 2 or 3 times. One is always plenty for her. Maybe your lo is filled up on one side and that is fine as long as lo is peeing enough.:thumbup:

My lo always took both, but one of my BFing friends baby only ever took one side! And both babies gained weight pretty much the same! So I don't think it makes any difference, whatever suits your lo.

Phoebe used to take one, then for a while took both. Now she seems satisfied by one again. Confusing lol, i offer both but if shes not interested thats fine x

Just one at a time. I've tried offering both, but one is apparently enough for her so that's fine with me.

My LO used to only take one side at a time and it never affected my supply or her weight. She will now take both, but that's only a recent thing.

One at a time here and DD gains beautifully. Also means they get more hind milk.

And it's makes NIP easier I think.

Thanks everyone, nice to know that it works well for others too!

It definitely has its advantages as we barely noticed the 12 week growth spurt (which I'm assuming happened last week due to double his normal weight gain!).

The only issue with it I find is that sometimes if he doesn't finish one side - which happens quite often - it then ends up being extra full at the next feed and it snowballs a bit with him never managing to finish an entire side and being unimpressed at the excessively fast flow at the beginning due to it being so full.

Millie is a one boob kinda girl! I sometimes offer boob#2 but she never stays on long.

I switch at next feed :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"