One sided pain?

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
I'm about 4.3 weeks pregnant (been testing positive for 9 days now) but have developed one sided pain today, on my left. I'd say it's where my ovary is. Constant pinching pain, similar to ovulation pains without the accompanying cramps.
Anyone else had this? :flower:

I'm about 4.3 weeks pregnant (been testing positive for 9 days now) but have developed one sided pain today, on my left. I'd say it's where my ovary is. Constant pinching pain, similar to ovulation pains without the accompanying cramps.
Anyone else had this? :flower:

It could be from the ovary you ovulated from. That one normally grows a 'corpus luteum' cyst to produce progestrogen in early pregnancy. I had lots of random cramps and twinges between 4 - 6 weeks.

If you are worried about ectopic pregnancy don't worry because you don't experience pain from that until about 8 weeks. :flower: xx

Sorry dan-o but I have to differ with you on the ectopic pain not being felt until 8 weeks. Most Ectopics have actually ruptured by 8 weeks if left untreated and pain can be felt for some women as soon as a few days after implantation due to the inflammation at the site of the pregnancy. That being said I still wouldn't worry about an ectopic unless the pain becomes significant and is accompanied by other signs of an ectopic- bleeding, shoulder pain, etc. corpus luteum cyst are usually the culprit as you identified and are quite pesky little buggers!

Sorry dan-o but I have to differ with you on the ectopic pain not being felt until 8 weeks. Most Ectopics have actually ruptured by 8 weeks if left untreated and pain can be felt for some women as soon as a few days after implantation due to the inflammation at the site of the pregnancy. That being said I still wouldn't worry about an ectopic unless the pain becomes significant and is accompanied by other signs of an ectopic- bleeding, shoulder pain, etc. corpus luteum cyst are usually the culprit as you identified and are quite pesky little buggers!

Oh sorry, I went to the EPU at 6 weeks because I had one sided pain and the midwife said that it's unlikely to be ectopic as the pain is usually felt at about 8 weeks. But maybe she was just trying to reassure me. I'm pretty sure 4 weeks is wayyy too early to feel ectopic pain though! xx

Probably a bit early but there were a lot of ladies who said they did in our ectopic group so I always air on the side of caution. I personally didn't have one sided pain for some time but did have painful bleeding at 4 weeks and also painful bowel movements. There are usually other signs and so I wouldn't worry at this point either :)

Thanks ladies :) I'm phoning EPU on Tuesday when it opens, so I will be sure to mention the pain. I get a scan at 6w anyway, but I was hoping for betas next week as well. :flower:

I have no history of any blockages PID or ectopic, but I did have my second ERPC for fetal demise in January. Not sure if that increases any risks or not?

I actually had a decent size CL cyst with the molar pregnancy in 2008/2009, which caused similar pain, so I'm hoping it's just my ovaries being a bit over zealous again!

Thanks ladies :) I'm phoning EPU on Tuesday when it opens, so I will be sure to mention the pain. I get a scan at 6w anyway, but I was hoping for betas next week as well. :flower:

I have no history of any blockages PID or ectopic, but I did have my second ERPC for fetal demise in January. Not sure if that increases any risks or not?

I actually had a decent size CL cyst with the molar pregnancy in 2008/2009, which caused similar pain, so I'm hoping it's just my ovaries being a bit over zealous again!

It is probably a cl cyst a the other poster said and you are thinking. I didn't have any history to suspect ectopic but I was over 35 which put me into a higher risk group. If you haven't had any bleeding I would say your chances are very slim as that is one of the biggest signs. Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

I have no answers for you, but I'm about 4 weeks pregnant as well and I'm having the exact same pains you just described. It feels just like ovulation pain on my right side (which I believe is the side I ovulated from last). It's not severe, but it's very noticeable and a little annoying.

I'm a little worried about ectopic pregnancy as well, so if it gets worse or if I start bleeding, I'll rush to the doctor. My understanding is that the pain during ectopic pregnancy is pretty severe and there are usually other symptoms, is that true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->