One tender/painful spot where baby kicks?

skookie

Reaction score
Anyone else happen to have this or have ever had this? Up until this week (I'm 34 1/2 weeks) the worst the baby's movements have been is mildly uncomfortable. But he is head down and switched sides and now his little limbs are facing the left side (instead of the usual right), and every time he moves against this one particular spot on my lower left side it sends a jolt of pain through me! It's sooo intense, and annoying because now instead of enjoying feeling the baby move, I absolutely dread it. I just had an ultrasound today and I told them about it. They even looked at my ovary but didn't see anything like a cyst or anything like that. The placenta is not near that area (I made sure cause I was worried about that). The OBGYN wasn't worried. In fact he made a joke like "well maybe we could sedate the baby so he doesn't move as much but aside from that it's just going to hurt until he changes positions." But I still think it's weird and I wish I at least knew what it was. Has anyone else had anything like this? Also does anyone know of a way to maybe encourage the baby to switch back to his traditionally "favorite side?" He's been in this position with the painful spot for almost two days. Any thoughts or advice for me? :(

With my first pregnancy, baby girl lodged an elbow or knee in one spot and bruised the inside of my belly... That spot was soooo tender for days! And she just kept aggravating it every time she would brush past it... :wacko:

I bet it ached for at least 4-5 days!

Me! One particular spot near ribs on right hand side, agony!!!

If it was up higher I'd say intestines but maybe it has something to do with the colon?
I get inflamed, painful spots if I eat wrong. Mainly Gluten.

I had a tender spot for a few weeks. Baby got stuck sideways for a few weeks and would kick me right above my hip in the exact same spot constantly. It literally felt like it was bruised on the inside. It went away once he able to flip around.

I get this when my LO decides to kick or lodge into bits particularly hard. It usually lasts for a few days. I know what you mean about dreading movement in that spot, ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->