Ongoing constipation and movicol

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
Evie is nearly 5 and has been on 2 sachets of movicol a day for the past 18 months, if not longer. If she ever missed a dose the outcome is horrific like today. She's in pain when needing to go to the toilet and has been on and off all day poor thing

what more can be done? She has a good diet and eats prunes or ha prune juice most days too.

What more can the Dr do?

I wish I knew hun! It's horrible :( My LO has had these issues for months as well... she's been on a small dose of Miralax pretty much daily. But if she misses a day or two, even when I up her fiber intake, and she's constipated- she just get's MISERABLE.

I'm going to ask my doc (again) what else I might do? We give her plenty of water- I try to buy all her snacks with some fiber (even just a little)- although she's so picky now that I'm sure she's not getting enough. I've tried fiber supplements which did nothing. The Miralax usually helps the most. On the days she is really bad- I've used a suppository. Not fun for her or me- but she feels so much better after it's sorted.

If her doc mentioned anything I haven't already tried- I'll advise. But I've done everything he's suggested, and found online. Fiber- water- diet- supplements... etc. My current thought is trying the disolvable fiber (to put in her water)- as maybe the supplements were enough?

Best of luck hun!!! :hugs:

Did you try probiotics? Does she drink enough water? A spoon of olive oil 1st thing in the morning might also help.

I'd also look into an elimination diet while keeping a food diary and see if it helps. Many foods can cause constipation like bananas and apples. Spinach , zucchini and veggie
soups help in easing it.

Does she take a multivit with iron? Iron in multivit can also cause constipation

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->