online survey for cash??

Lozzy_Loo

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with these as a work from home type of income??

I've done a bit of research into this and you need to do tons of surveys just to make a small amount. It's not worth it. Plus you would have to register as self-employed and pay your own tax and NI. Too much hassle.

You can get something like £10 every 4 months-hardly a money spinner (I opt to do all the surveys they send me but much of the time you won't fit the profile and you won't get to do that particular one). I do it but just as a bit of fun, financially there are no real benefits in it-I have got £20 out of it in 7 or 8 months. I got myself a really good printer for £9.99 with one of the £10 amazon vouchers (printer was around £40 on other sites but £19.99 on amazon 'full price') and some pie dishes with the other one but nothing spectacular xx

n.b. if you're earning that little you don't need to register as self-employed or pay tax or NI, a bit like selling on ebay etc its only if you go above a certain threshold that you need to tell them. Even tax credits ignore the first £300 of 'other income'

I do Valued Opinions and One Poll for fun. I've always been the kind of weirdo who enjoys doing surveys, and occasionally you might get sent a free sample of a product to test, and every so often you get a voucher for Amazon (or can choose from others such as Tesco etc) or with One Poll you get a certain amount put into your paypal account. You can't live off it as a sole income, but it's an alright way to get a (small) bit of free pocket money.

I do Valued Opinions and One Poll for fun. I've always been the kind of weirdo who enjoys doing surveys, and occasionally you might get sent a free sample of a product to test, and every so often you get a voucher for Amazon (or can choose from others such as Tesco etc) or with One Poll you get a certain amount put into your paypal account. You can't live off it as a sole income, but it's an alright way to get a (small) bit of free pocket money.

ooh thanks for the heads up on one-poll, hadn't heard of this site :thumbup:

there is also Saros which is legit, paid market research (my sis did some stuff with them). Instead of filling online surveys though, mainly they expect you to attend real life focus groups, for which you can get paid anything from £30 to £100 for attending. The two bad news about Saros is mostly the groups are in London, and there is usually a limit on how many you can attend, a lot of the companies won't let you attend if you have attended any other focus group meeting in the past six months for example.

https://www.sarosresearch.com/

i do valued opinion and opinion world . i get about £10 a month or so but thats me being lazy if you really go for it you can get about £50 not much but i wouldnt say no . i love the ones were you get stuff to sample and once i had a online group chat for an hour and got £20 :D

My dad does loads of these because he is retired and he enjoys doing them :wacko: He doesn't earn cash as far as I know, but he seems to get a lot of vouchers from them which he enjoys spending.

By far the best one I have found is Pinecone Research. They send a survey and you may be asked to test a product, if you receive it you use it then keep it. You get another survey if you have tested something to give details of the product which means extra £££. Im not sure how much it is these days I think £3 each survey, but I get £4. You can get it paid to paypal or luncheon vouchers to use in various supermarkets etc. I saved up mine one year for use at xmas and had £80+. Its really worth joining if they are recruiting at the minute. It is the only one I have stuck with over the years.

I started at ChaCha.com back in 2007 and at that time i was making quite a good amount of money, but now? I wouldnt waste my time. The company is still fine, as is the service but the pay sucks. I use to easily make $50 in a couple hours, now it would take me days!

its an online text service type thing. You text in "Whats the weather in 45227?" to 242242 and someone will get the question (a guide as we call them), then will edit misspellings, etc and then send it on to another guide who finds the answer and then they send it back to your phone.

the pay is .01, .02, .10-.20 a question you answer. the issue is traffic. You sit there and sit there.

Hiya I do shop and scan. It's really good and I must of had atleast £500 worth of vouchers in the last few years. Basically you get your pack which includes a barcode scanner and you scan all of your shopping and transmit at the end of every week :) its invite only tho so you have to email them saying your interested.

I've done a few online surveys but i joined through topcashback website because you get some money through joining from them it's never more than a £1 but it's all adds up :flower:

ooh thanks for the heads up on one-poll, hadn't heard of this site :thumbup:

there is also Saros which is legit, paid market research (my sis did some stuff with them). Instead of filling online surveys though, mainly they expect you to attend real life focus groups, for which you can get paid anything from £30 to £100 for attending. The two bad news about Saros is mostly the groups are in London, and there is usually a limit on how many you can attend, a lot of the companies won't let you attend if you have attended any other focus group meeting in the past six months for example.

https://www.sarosresearch.com/

I just did one of these for Focus for People, £50 for an online survey on baby stuff. It took about 2 hours...

I Use saros, Focure Force and Focus for People. Most are face to face. I did a few a few years ago in London, I was doing some mystery shopping at Liberties anyway, and I did two mobile phone focus groups each at £90 each. That day in London I made £260, minus train fare of £20, it was well worth it!

I make a small fortune doing surveys and I am a member of about 15 different survey sites. I dont understand how people can say its not worth it afterall it is practically free money. I think the best ones are toluna, valued opinions, honest rewards, one poll just to name a few. I get sent a product to test nearly every week from toluna. I also do shop and scan which gives me quite alot of vouchers. well worth it.

I agree that Pinecone Research is the best. I think you can only join via referral, every now and again I get an email from them saying that they are accepting new members if there's anyone I'd like to recommend.

My second favourite would be Panelbase, their rewards are better but the surveys don't come very frequently.

I used to do a lot of valued opinion and some other surveys too, but lately the reward amount seems to have reduced so much that it doesn't seem worth while.

I do Pinecone Research as well. It's not a king's ransom or anything, but I get about $9 per month paid directly to a debit card. It adds up! I also get free products every now and then to test out, full-size ones from good brands.

I like it especially because they will never send you surveys for which you haven't already been selected, so you'll never end up spending 10 minutes answering questions just to be told you don't qualify.

I agree that Pinecone Research is the best. I think you can only join via referral, every now and again I get an email from them saying that they are accepting new members if there's anyone I'd like to recommend.

My second favourite would be Panelbase, their rewards are better but the surveys don't come very frequently.

I used to do a lot of valued opinion and some other surveys too, but lately the reward amount seems to have reduced so much that it doesn't seem worth while.

Pinecone do allow joining directly without a referral but its only via some banner ads they put on their site a few times a year :flower: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->