Only low readings on CBFM

moonbeams

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently using the Clearblue Fertility Monitor to conceive my second, and it's driving me to the brink of insanity! I'm on CD16 of a 30 day cycle and am still reading only low. Have any of you ladies experienced this and did you eventually have a high or peak reading? Is it possible for the machine to have missed my LH surge?

Thank you in advance in assuaging this crazy lady's anxieties. :)

Hi moonbeams!

I used IC OPKs this cycle, my first cycle charting. I have 33-35 day cycles, and I got my strongest OPK on CD33! My cat died around the beginning of my cycle and I think that stress halted ovulation and caused my body to try again later in my cycle. Im now on CD48 and around 13dpo.

Maybe you just havent ovulated yet? Has there been any illness or stress the last few weeks which could have halted your ovulation? Do you take your BBT?

I'm sorry I know some swear by that thing but I hate the cbfm. Stressful...peeing in a cup too much. So expensive. And I got lots of false reading. ..But I know some love it. So ...haha everyone is different. ..

Hi lottie!

I'm glad to hear that everything worked out for you, and I'm so sorry about your kitty. Our furry babies become such an important part of our families, don't they? They sure know how to sink their claws into us (pun intended)!

Have you tested yet? Maybe you're pregnant! :D

As for me, no I don't chart. Not being mathematically inclined, it seems so daunting to me. I was sick the last few weeks in January, but it wasn't serious. Could a minor sore throat affect ovulation? As for stress, I think the damn monitor caused me stress, along with some brown spotting after sex in the beginning of my cycle. Ov vey!

I'm sorry I know some swear by that thing but I hate the cbfm. Stressful...peeing in a cup too much. So expensive. And I got lots of false reading. ..But I know some love it. So ...haha everyone is different. ..

Hi waitingongod,

Thanks for replying! What kind of false readings did you get? Did it miss your lh surge completely?

Hi lottie!

As for me, no I don't chart. Not being mathematically inclined, it seems so daunting to me. I was sick the last few weeks in January, but it wasn't serious. Could a minor sore throat affect ovulation? As for stress, I think the damn monitor caused me stress, along with some brown spotting after sex in the beginning of my cycle. Ov vey!

I got AF today so onto cycle #3!

Yeah a minor sore throat can affect it! Your body prioritises the important things - getting yourself better and healthy is prioritised over ovulating to re-create! Thats probably what has happened for you! I think things like travelling, changing time zones, and lack of sleep can also delay ovulation.

Hope you get your positive OPK soon :) people definitely still get pregnant on a delayed ovulation!

Good luck!

Hi waitingongod,

Thanks for replying! What kind of false readings did you get? Did it miss your lh surge completely?

1st 2 cycles never got a peak just forever highs...3 cycle finally got a peak went in for blood test to confirm ovulation...it was negative and the machine not only gave me a high but a peak. After that I was done with it haha

Hi lottie!

I got AF today so onto cycle #3!

Yeah a minor sore throat can affect it! Your body prioritises the important things - getting yourself better and healthy is prioritised over ovulating to re-create! Thats probably what has happened for you! I think things like travelling, changing time zones, and lack of sleep can also delay ovulation.

Hope you get your positive OPK soon :) people definitely still get pregnant on a delayed ovulation!

Good luck!

I'm sorry that AF showed up. It's amazing how we spend the majority of our adult lives wanting her to show up, and when we're TTC we hope she stays far, far away. :haha: You'll get your BFP soon, Lottie!

Thank you for informing me about delayed ovulation. I have plenty of wet watery cm today, so much that my panties were wet. I know that's a sign of fertility, but for some reason the dang CBFM still read low this AM. I personally think that thing is broken, or it's just getting used to my cycle. Either way, it's very frustrating!

Please keep me updated on your journey! I've been looking for a TTC buddy, so let me know if you'd like to share your journey with me. :)

Today is CD17 and this morning the CBFM read low. I just took an OPK and a nice dark as the control line line popped up. I'm starting to think the monitor is wonky...

Just wanted to update in case anyone comes looking for crazy CBFM readings. I got my peak this morning! I'm assuming my surge began last night, hence the + OPK. Now do I assume that I'm ovulating today or tomorrow? Any inkling ladies?

Yay moonbeams! I was just about to say im sorry youre still having bother!! But yay for the LH surge! Im pretty sure you release an egg within 36 hours of the surge/peak but you may have to do some online research about that. I would BD today, tomorrow and the next day if you can! If Im right that makes you CD18 of a 30 days cycle which still gives you a healthy luteal phase :) GL with the TWW..keep yourself busy and try not to symptom spot til at least 7dpo! I hope this is your lucky month xx

P.S I would love to be your TTC buddy!! :happydance:

Yay moonbeams! I was just about to say im sorry youre still having bother!! But yay for the LH surge! Im pretty sure you release an egg within 36 hours of the surge/peak but you may have to do some online research about that. I would BD today, tomorrow and the next day if you can! If Im right that makes you CD18 of a 30 days cycle which still gives you a healthy luteal phase :) GL with the TWW..keep yourself busy and try not to symptom spot til at least 7dpo! I hope this is your lucky month xx

P.S I would love to be your TTC buddy!! :happydance:

Hi Lottie,

Thank you! All of my OPKs today are fainter and fainter, so I'm assuming I ovulated sometime last night. Husband and I have been having sexy time for 7 consecutive nights already, and I am wiped out! If you think I should do it one more time, I will though! ;) You are also correct in assuming that I was CD18 when I got the peak, which makes me CD19 today. I've already told myself to keep busy to keep my mind off analyzing every twinge and symptom, and we're off to Hawaii this coming Monday which will help heaps. Thank you so much for your kind words, and yes, let's be TTC buddies! WIll PM you now. :D

Am back from Hawai'i and am symptom spotting like crazy. I've had an abundance of cervical mucus, from wet to creamy and lotiony, and it's been yellow since ovulation. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I've also been having a metallic taste in my mouth every day. That was the first pregnancy symptom with my son. I am 10dpo tomorrow and am dying to test!

I'm following your thread! This is my first cycle using the CBFM, and I'm on day 5 of "high" readings. I want my "peak"!!!

FX for you, keep us updated!!

Thank you Scoobydrip! Good luck and may you get your peak at the usual time of ovulation! If you don't, try not to go mad like I did. Since it's your first cycle using it, it will be normal for you to get a string of high readings with no peak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->