oooo Anti D injection :o(

Emz_number3

Reaction score
hi ladies,

So the dreaded anti D injection is today..

this being my third pregnancy i know what this injection feels like..

BLOODY PAINFUL!!

why o why do i have to have blood group AB-

ooo roll on 3pm and just get it done and out the way. i so would not have this Jab if it wasnt that important, but it is, so im gonna just grin and bare it.

ahhhh its not that bad! My midwife practically stabbed me with it though i just chatted my way through it. im thinking keep a bar of choccie in your handbag to congratulate yourself on been brave afterwards! :) x

u saying that "ooo its not that bad" has made me feel so so much better honestly lol

i had my injection 2 weeks ago now and my arm is still bruised :(
this is my second so i knew what was coming, doesnt help im scared if injections anyway lol

Mine wasn't so bad, even though the needle was a tad on the long side and I had to have a double dose :sick: The secret, I think, is to try and relax because if you tense then it will hurt! :wacko:

Good luck lady! :hugs:

oh i had it in my bum lol, maybe that's why it didn't hurt, there's a nice new bit of cushioning down there! :) x

oooo interesting ill tell them in my butt please lol

ive got skinny arms so ive been told thats why it hurts more, ive heard alot of places doing it in ur butt or leg.

i just dont like that i can feel the fluid going thru my arm...not helping stopping u from feeling freaked out tho am i hahahah

ur having it for a good reason so ule be fine

I would have thought you were used to being prodded with needles by now! I've renamed myself 'the human pin cushion' as I have to test my blood sugars 3 times a day and inject insulin 4 times a day.

Its only one injection, as soon as it starts it'll be over and just remember its being done for a very good reason !

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev171pr___.png

They were running an hour and half late for my injection!! So by the time I got in there I was starving and feeling pretty annoyed! I asked for it in my bum or thigh but she said no as it gets around the body quicker in your arm. Some hospitals do 2 doses and some do 1 she said so it had to be in the arm as there was lots of it. I'm not a great fan of needles and I have quite thin arms but it was ok, just relax (as much as you can) as some of the other posts said and it's fine.
I didn't think of chocolate afterwards! That would have definitely made the experience better! Yeh could have had a kit kat chunky! Love those!

I had mine a couple of weeks ago and still bruised, but the actual jab itself wasn't that bad I didn't think. I had it in my love handle, ha ha. She said it would be in my bum but my bum is not that high! The fleshier the area, the less it hurts.

Try not to worry too much :hugs:

I had one at twelve weeks and am having 28 week one tommorow, I had it in the bum abd I thought it stung a bit! Maybe I was a bit fed up because i'd spent the afternoon being poked and prodded with speculums after a bleed. But... The midwife said "your very good" as she was giving it- I just lay there being quiet, and this made me think it does hurt some people and they tell her! I just tried to get on with it cos at the end of the day I have to try and get this baby out in 3 months and if I cant take an injection there's no hope for me lol

suck a polo/mint and start crunching as you think the jabs going to go in. I had mine done yesterday. My 3rd needle in2 days

Try to relax. I know, easier said than done, but if you try not to tense up your muscles, the needle will go in better and you're less likely to end up with bruising etc. Definitely have a treat afterwards though!

I had mine in my bum (3 times now) and it's much less painful.

I have always had it in my leg till this time round and she did it in my arm and it was loads more painful. i would ask for her to do it somewhere a bit more fleshy :)

I had mine done 2 weeks ago and it didn't hurt in the slightest, it tingled a bit after but still wasn't painful. I also had it in my arm. I would say a normal blood test hurts more lol!! you'll be fine :) xx

I had to have one of these at 15 weeks after I fell down the stairs and my 28 week one is on monday but I have a special delivery that afternoon that I am looking forward to .......... The furniture is arriving from Mama and Papas :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->