OP baby and private ultrasoung....worth the $$$?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by ChristinaRN, Apr 5, 2011.

1. ChristinaRN

ChristinaRN Mother of 3, pg with #4

At my last 2 ultrasounds they haven't really been able to get any good pictures of the baby's face because he is OP and I have an anterior placenta so his face is always buried into my placenta. I really want to do a private scan with my 3 other kids so they can see him but I'm afraid of spending all that $$$ only to be disappointed. Any experiences? I've had private scans in previous pregnancies and they were wonderful but I'm just so scared of wasting the money this time.

2. 24/7

24/7 Mummy to Sam & Abigail

We had scans at 8, 12, 16, 20 and 28 and in all of them he was looking the wrong way, and we didn't see him face at all, at 33 weeks we finally saw his face as he had no room to hide away then. xx

3. Creamie

Creamie Well-Known Member

I have had loads of private scans due to paranoia but they wont necessarily be any better if its due to baby's position.