Open University... any thoughts?

tiggertea

Mum of Two
Reaction score
Ok long story short, this looks like my best option right now....

anyone have any thoughts/experiences with the open university to help me decide if this is definately the route i should be taking?

I think the OU is great. I'm doing an HNC distance learning through the college and it's great to use my brain again.

i'm feeling a bit down at the mo coz i'd been accepted on to a course at a local uni in sept, but with bubs on the way, i didn't start - thought it better to leave it til next year, but now i'm feeling a bit like my brain is about to seize up! lol so thought a distance learning course with open uni was the way to go! :)

you finding it ok fitting it all in around your general day-to-day?
what are you studying?
(sorry so many nosey questions!!!)

i think open university is great idea. what course you looking at doing. i was at uni full time but left when got pregnant ( i was doing performing arts, physical theatre) so couldnt carry on. i looked at open uni but i want to do teaching and so will go back to uni in 2010 full time instead coz its better for that course.

My dad worked for the OU for nearly 7 years and he has done courses with them. They are really great and i would highly recommend it.
xx

My father did 3 degrees with OU when I was little - and taught full time!! My brother is about to embark on his second and I can't praise them enough. I think they are a wonderful way of exposing people to the courses they want to do, in their own time. They are bloody hard work, but worth every second if it gets you to where you want to be.
Good luck hun - keep us posted!!!

I looked into this too just found it confusing what courses to pick!

i think open university is great idea. what course you looking at doing. i was at uni full time but left when got pregnant ( i was doing performing arts, physical theatre) so couldnt carry on. i looked at open uni but i want to do teaching and so will go back to uni in 2010 full time instead coz its better for that course.

meant to say earlier that I'm not 100% sure what course yet. I had been going to art college before so i'm thinking BA Humanities with Art History but was always pretty good with Science too.... I guess this is my problem - with applying before, I knew the course I wanted coz it had the practical side too.
aaaargh! Decisions decisions! I think I just need someone to say "OK Debz, this is what you're doing!"

Try the 10 point taster courses in the sciences and then one in arts/humanties and see which you prefer or find out what the recommended reading is for the courses and get 1 book for each subject and see which you prefer. What kind of career are you wanting?

Career - still undecided, have a few things I'd love to do. :blush: I think baby is making me unale to make firm decisions on anything!!!!! :rofl: poor bubs - gets the blame for everything these days!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->