Operation Bednest has commenced...

mistyscott

Reaction score
So when I was pregnant we splashed out on a bednest - but when LO was born he had other ideas and we've co-slept from the day we came home from hospital :baby:
However, I really want to get him into the bednest now so I can get some decent sleep and just to get him used to sleeping alone. (DH actually quite likes co-sleeping with his little 'froggie' :dohh:)

So operation bednest has commenced this evening and I'm currently sat on the stairs outside our room as he moans/shouts, ready to go in and settle him if he cries (when!).

Any tips/advice? What happens when we want to go to bed? Do we just continue from bed? (settling him and picking up to calm if necessary)
I know it could be a long night and we need resolve... :sleep:

I always had teddy sleeping in his bouncy chair downstairs for the first part of the night. Then, when we went to bed, I'd change his nappy, and feed him in bed with us, before shuffling him over into the bednest. He can go down without being fed now, but it was an easy routine for me anyway.

Thanks. It was an awful night :( he normally goes 4-5hrs between feeds when he co-sleeps with us...last night we had sleep at 10pm finally after feeding to sleep, then waking for feeds at 12.30, 2.30, 4.30 and 6.30 :( not fun. Each time he'd feed to sleepy in my arms then as soon as put down he'd wake up and cry until picked up. At 5am we admitted defeat and I fed him lying down then we all slept until 7.30. My DH really doesn't want to do it again but I said last night was a waste of time and energy if we dont keep it up?

Any advice from anyone who's been there and done that?!

Try putting something you've been wearing as a sheet in the bednest. That might help, although we always had a lambskin in the bed nest, which both mine loved. I generally got Teddy completely to sleep before I shuffled him sideways into the bednest.

I've tried laying my dressing gown on it as a sheet. James can seem properly asleep but waKes within few minutes of being put down... :(

Thanks for help tho :)

We had very similar problems. All I can say is persevere but don't put too much pressure on yourselves. It might not work this time but try again in a week or so. Oliver still co-sleeps with us for most of the night but will now go down in a cot for the first part of the night. What works one week doesn't work the next, so just keep trying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->