Operation Yummy Mummy is underway

Barbles

Mum to 1 & cooking 1 more
Reaction score
Im so fed up of feeling and looking rubbish, frumpy and worn out so I am starting Operation Yummy Mummy!!
And for starters I am getting my hair done, paid for my lovely OH as late birthday pressie. Booked in for the 5th Feb and I cant wait, haven't had it done since May so well overdue I think.

Im also on a diet overhaul, obviously not dieting but I am going to speak to my MW about healthier eating and maybe join slimming world with her consent again. I hoping I will get a referal to their classes as I am classed as obese (my god I hate that word :cry:). AT 15 stone 7lbs I cant afford to put on 3 1/2 stone again like I did last time espcially as two of those stones are still hanging around.

Going to spend a bit more time on myself and make the effort to do my make up and nails, make sure I have nice clothes etc. I have no excuse for not doing other than lazyness.

So wish me luck ladies and gents :thumbup:

Good luck barbles! I know what you mean, I haven't worn make up in God knows how long and I don't do heels any longer. I haven't had a hair cut since August and feel like a right old frumpy hideous rhino! I am (whispers) classed as obese too... can you just ask midwife for a referral to slimming world?? Good luck to you though hun, I'm sure you're gonna be a yummy mummy :) x

I am looking mega frumpy! lol
I hope you feel loads better once you get your hair done :D It has been about a year since mines was done last :blush: just kept forgetting about it, and it is shoved back in a pony tail lol.

I hope you feel loads better once operation yummy mummy starts :D x

I cut my pony tail off last week that way i HAD to go get it cut lol kept putting it off and i also told my oh I needed some nice boots as all mine got heels and i want to wear my nice maternity skirt and top to feel nice

Well had hair cut and got up 3 days running did hair make up nd put on nice clothes and now slipped back i just don't feel like it once i got my 6 month up and ready and few and sorted washing it can be dinner time

My mum says get up before lo year right he wakes up 2 times in night so am making most of the sleep I can get lol

But on plus side i weighed myself today and i am at the weight I was once I'd popped lo out

So although i must have lost some i know I've put some one but I've checked my maternity notes and I've put on 5lb in 22weeks so am well ahoy with that my last preg i put nearly 2 stone on and at this point i had gained 11lbs so to only have done 5 so far this time made my day lol

I cut my pony tail off last week that way i HAD to go get it cut lol kept putting it off and i also told my oh I needed some nice boots as all mine got heels and i want to wear my nice maternity skirt and top to feel nice

Well had hair cut and got up 3 days running did hair make up nd put on nice clothes and now slipped back i just don't feel like it once i got my 6 month up and ready and few and sorted washing it can be dinner time

My mum says get up before lo year right he wakes up 2 times in night so am making most of the sleep I can get lol

Well my daughter is 3 now so I dont even have the excuse of her waking up lol for the last two mornings I have had to wake her up for nursery :haha: I think half of it has to be organisation on my part, if I am more organised I will find the time to spend on myself rather than rushing around.

Im figuring that if I do it now even though I feel tired and still a bit sick it will make the transition from having one baby to two easier. And if I can organise and sort myself out I will be happier and more confident to sort other things out.
(can you tell its a quiet day at work and I have had lots of time to think :haha:)

I LOVE this idea! I want to be a yummy mummy too! My hair is not too bad- I am so gray already I have to keep up with it. But my feet are soo gross, I think if I rubbed them together I would start a fire. Or my legs lol! I am going to get a pedi today!

Me too! I shaved my legs in the bath the other day, I've never felt so glamorous... :dohh:

My hair needs a cut and dye, my nails need painting, I need to eat more fruit and veg and less chocolate...

And my house needs a clean... badly!

I would also have more time to spend on my self inn day time and do house work if i could put babyandbump down................ I DON'T THINK SO lol

I'm on board with this too- I started at the weekend by getting my hair trimmed (was v.v.v.overdue!)

I've got my brothers wedding on Monday so I'm debating whether to go all out and even fake tan and get my nails done and possibly even have my hair put up at the hairdressers! I've no real energy for it but I hate looking so unkept all the time! xx

Oh this is just the thread for me. I was saying to OH on Sunday that I felt and looked like a rung out dish cloth. I haven't worn make up for 10 weeks and clothes are a case of making the most of the bits that fit best. Haven't shopped for maternity clothes yet as I have had a bad obstretric history and wanted to make sure this was a viable pregnancy first. Shaved my legs for the first time since Xmas yesterday as I was going for a scan :blush:

Anyway hoping I am feeling a bit more energetic in the next couple of weeks and be able to get back on top of preening myself and cleaning the house.

Good luck Barbles i had a nice new hair cut just after xmas and im so glad its much easier to do now its shorter too xxx need to put the effort in with makeup tho i do lol xxx

Me too! I shaved my legs in the bath the other day, I've never felt so glamorous... :dohh:

This made me laugh so much, I think my legs would jump at the sight of a razor as I havent shaved them for so long.

Well Op Yummy Mummy hasnt started today lol, feel rubbish today. But its my last day of work today for the week so Im going to have a good old sort out today of the house etc ready to start tomorrow.

Lets stick together ladies, we will become Glam mummies!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->