• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion on Boy Names

GeralynB

Reaction score
We already know that we are using 2 middle names for both of our fathers…David and Phillip. We are having trouble with a first name. Here's what we've been talking about
1. Colin David Phillip
2. Gavin David Phillip
3. Owen David Phillip
4. Nathaniel David Phillip

I voted Owen David Philip :) We are considering using 2 middle names for our baby after my grandma and husband's nana, good to see that 2 middle names are more popular/common than I first thought :thumbup:

I voted Owen but it was very close between that and Nathaniel!

Same as pippi. I really like Owen and it would probably be on my list if it didn't clash with our surname. Also like Nathaniel as like the way it sounds and like Nate as a nn.

Colin - I think of someone about 50 not a baby
Gavin similar to Colin but maybe a tad younger.

I like that your middle names have a family meaning.

I voted Owen. Gavin & Colin are more popular in the older generations in the UK and Nathaniel is quite long. I like Nathan though.

I like nathaniel best, with shortened name of nate as a possible nn :)

Nathaniel by a mile. The others are quite common in the UK for men in their forties which puts me off a bit.

I like Gavin, myself. It's not considered an older person's name in the US, at least not where I live, and I think it goes well with the middle name choices.

I also think Gavin's one of the rare names that can go with the Kayden, Brayden, Jayden family of names AND the Ruperts, Colins, and Georges without looking out of place or super trendy.

Nathaniel by a mile. The others are quite common in the UK for men in their forties which puts me off a bit.

It's so funny to see what's popular in other countries. These names are not really too popular in the US

It's so funny to see what's popular in other countries. These names are not really too popular in the US

Yeah I have seen loads of people from the US asking about the name Colin and I find it so strange! But I guess over there Rory is a girl's name so it sounds really odd to you guys.

Yeah I have seen loads of people from the US asking about the name Colin and I find it so strange! But I guess over there Rory is a girl's name so it sounds really odd to you guys.

Rory is one of those names over here that is in the process of shifting from a boy's name to a girl's name. I only know a few women my age or older named Rory (or Rorie, Rori) and quite a lot of men. But it seems like there are a ton of girls named Rory/Rori/Rorie under 10 or so.

I voted for Gavin - I love it! I ALMOST named my son this, changed my mind once he was born!

In the US the name Gavin is "new & trendy" - every Gavin I know is under the age of 10. I have never met an adult with this name yet.

Colin is ok - but not a fan of the other two.

I have never met a girl named Rory :shrug:

I only know one person with this name, a guy I went to high school with.

I could see how it may start to be used as a nickname for Aurora, though.

I ask hubby everyday what we should name him and he says "I'm not the one who's going to have the final say anyway."

I ask hubby everyday what we should name him and he says "I'm not the one who's going to have the final say anyway."

Hahaha... My hubby is same way. I ask him periodically about names, and he just tells me he thought I already had my mind made up. Bless him.

I love Colin, Owen and Gavin on your list! Nathaniel feels a bit long to me with the two middle names.

Owen seems to be really trendy right now. I really like Colin. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->