opinion on the name Freddie?

Mummymoo_x

Reaction score
We came across this name as we was baby name searching! I'm suprised my OH likes it, I like it & I think it could grow on me.

any opinions? Do you think it grows well? Is it too babyish etc? :)

I like it :) i don't think it's babyish... On the tv show Skins a few years ago one of the characters was called Freddy. Thought it suited him well :)

Thanks! Theres also a guy on Hollyoaks called Freddie/Freddy too haha. :)

I do quite like it :)

sorry but any nick name ending in 'ie' does sound baby-ish as a name

could you not use the full version?

I don't think Freddie ages well. I'd go with Frederick and that way when he's little he can be Freddie but when he grows up he can be Fred or Frederick (or still Freddie if he prefers)

I like it. I don't think it's babyish.

Thats my only doubt, I like Freddie but I dont like Fred or Frederick.. I'm unsure..after all there is Freddie Flintoff, Freddie Mercury & they aren't exactly babies & it seems to suite them. :) x

Thats my only doubt, I like Freddie but I dont like Fred or Frederick.. I'm unsure..after all there is Freddie Flintoff, Freddie Mercury & they aren't exactly babies & it seems to suite them. :) x

but they are nicknames, you dont think they applied to job interviews with a CV that said Freddie do you?

lots of adults have nicknames they are known by in their day to day life and even at work it would wash in a professional application though

If you dead set on a name like that then make sure they have a classic name they can use for situations where freddie isn't appropriate (something like James)

just a side note a girl was telling me how her friend got arrested when they where out drunk after police stopped to ask them some questions, the police refused to believe his name was his full name so they arrested him for hindering their investigation, it does happen lol

I like it and don't think it's baby-ish.

My lo is Zac and that's what's on his birth certificate not Zachary as that's not what we wanted him to be called x

If it were me, I probably wouldn't choose to use Freddie on the birth certificate. It 'might' open him up for teasing, and chances are at some point he will go by Fred anyway, so if you don't care for the shortened version, that's something to consider.

I'm having a similar problem with Theodore...I like Theo and Ted, but OH and I don't care for the longer name as much. But if we don't use the longer version, we have to choose one nickname or the other, we wouldn't be able to use both. It's hard, isn't it?

If you don't like Frederick, maybe use Alfred, Fernando, Wilfred, Winfred, Fritz, etc. My legal name is a nickname rather than a full name, and it's never bothered me, but mine also doesn't end in "ie." If it did, I may feel differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->