Opinions about rusks...

bibswy

MUMMY OF 2!
Reaction score
I bought some rusks the other day and gave one to Billie. She loved it and I tasted some and couldn't believe how sweet they are. Infact I think she had her first sugar rush! Now I don't want to give her anymore coz I don't feel that they are good for her despite what it says on the packet. Also, she broke a bit off and shoved the whole lot in her mouth and panicked coz she couldn't get it out again (I had to force it out with my fingers). :cry: What does everyone make of rusks?

Also, with the shoving a big chunk in her mouth, its put me off BLW incase the same thing happens.

I gave some mixed with milk when Jack was a baby and I had a little taste and it was SO sickly sweet !! put me right off never bought them since! they are full of sugar x

Chloe has them occasionally, she never wants a whole one and she definitely prefers the organix ruskit and the heinz biscotti, which are much nicer and better for them!

i don't give them to my LO cos like you i think they are too sweet. i bought 4 boxes of them in special offer so hubby has them for his breakfast :rofl: :rofl:

I occasionally give Joseph the reduced sugar ones but even they are quite sweet. Those Heinz Biscotti are lovely tho, I have to stop myself from eating them all lol x

There was an article about how they are worse (gram for gram) nutrition wise, than a quarter pound at McDonalds or something. Can't remember which paper did a feature on it.

Maley used to have them and doesnt anymore. She has heinz Biscotti as a treat now and then and has the Organix Baby Biscuits as they have no sugar and only a trace of salt and are sweetened by grape juice. they taste vile but Maley likes them!

Oh ad Maley puts big bits in her mouth too.....we just break up smaller bits and put them on the highchair tray for her to eat

Emms likes the Organix ones which are flavoured with apple juice and seem much healthier and they are quite soft too as I was worried they might stick in her throat. She usually gets one of those during the day. x

We had a dentist come and talk at our health centre, he said that one rusk has more sugar in it than a jam doughnut (sp?) and that even the low sugar ones have more sugar in them than a choclate coated digestive biscuit.

I was really looking forward to giving Alex rusks - I loved them when I was little - but I think I'll give it a miss if they're as unhealthy as all that.

I started giving Morgan rusks at 12 weeks.. Quickly changed 2 baby rice after tasting 1 myself. He had the odd 1 now he's older but I tend to prefer the porridge for him now x

Seren has rusks, but not too often, I give her half to suck on maybe once every couple of weeks (I eat the other half - I love them)... and she has some mixed in with a fruit puree sometimes to thicken it up a bit. I believe in everything in moderation, She has an all around healthy diet, and that's the only treat-like thing that I give her.

I love rusks but Grace never has them. I like them because they're sweet so I know they will be to sweet for her. If she has stuff like that she tends to have heinz biscottis or Organix ones

Amelie occasionally has half. Maybe once a fortnight or so. I dont see the problem unless youre giving your baby one all the time :shrug:

You guys must have different ones than we do? Are you giving them Mum Mums or something else?

I give Mum Mums to Renah sometimes but I give her the veggie ones. They aren't sweet or anything?

I give Laila those organic baby biscuits.I bought rusks but heard the same that they were full of sugar so I never bothered after that.

You guys must have different ones than we do? Are you giving them Mum Mums or something else?

I give Mum Mums to Renah sometimes but I give her the veggie ones. They aren't sweet or anything?

Thats what I am wondering... I give Helena the organic plain ones, the veggie ones and the banana ones when we are out shopping.

They have like zero nutritional value, so I don't give them often, they were more a tool to teach her how to old food and eat it without choking.

She only gets one usually if she's really fussy and I'm in the middle of something that needs to get finished, or if we're out like you said. So not very often!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->