opinions/facts please girls...

babyblessed

Reaction score
Do new borns have to be in with you initialy and do they have to be in a moses basket????

Our master is way too small but is just opposite nursery and with camera monitor we are getting we will be able to hear and see baby...but everywhere seems to say they should be in the same room?

Also do you need to buy a moses basket? can they sleep in a cot from the beginning?

:crib:

there is a similar thread to this one and i think they said that babies can sleep in cots from the beginning. ppl get the moses basket so they can put it in their rooms or downstairs to sleep during the day. i think this is entirely up to you most ppl want their babies right next to them but i asked my mom about this and she said she put us straight into our own rooms. if you have a monitor and feel happy with this, i think that is just fine.

Babies can go in a cot from birth, Nathan did because he wouldn't sleep in anything else.

Nathan was in with me at first but they don't have to be, they are ok to go in their own room straight away :)

Thanks Cupcake...sorry didn't see thread on this.

I had my first in with me but our room just really won't fit a basket and feel I may trip over in the night :dohh:

Though feel a bit guilty/worried about putting in another room :wacko:

Yeah they can sleep in cot from birth, i wasn't going to bother with a moses basket but was given one off my sister and thought i may as well keep it downstairs. I am going to have baby in with me for first, maybe 2/3 months, and then put it in its own room which is right next door. If he/she is a good sleeper (fingers crossed) may put in even earlier then 2/3 months.

I am still undecided whether to put cot in my room or just use the moses basket though.... decide nearer time!

We'll be putting our baby in a crib from the very beginning, there really isn't much room in our apartment so the nursery will be in the office area, which is literally two steps from my side of the bed in our bedroom.

yip - baby can sleep straight ina cot and can go straight into teh nursery - just as long as you dont mind the extra walk in the night!
My Mum i went staright into my own room and got intoa routine really quick. I used to sleep for hours.
I too want baby to get into his/her room pretty quick - I hear a sleeping babies can be darn noisey creatures - all that delightful snuffling gurgling and winding! I dont mind being woken up but I'd like Daddy to get good sleep as he'll have to go to work during the days. Least I might be able to grab five minutes snoozing in the afternoon if baby allows!!

Our nursery is going to be upstairs from our bedroom. But I'll have a monitor etc.

I agree with all the others but I'm deffo having mine in a moses basket to start with so that I don't have to move my lazy arse from my bed to feed him in the night!

They can be ina cot, basket or crib from birth. Newborns sleeping with you in your bed is really strongly advised against, but its obviously your decision at the end of the day :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->