Opinions needed please. Losing my mind with worry!

AM_MUA

Reaction score
Hi.

I was hoping anyone out there has gone through something like I¬m going through right now that could have any advice for me or would like to share their story, even if the outcome was bad. I feel like I`m going crazy!

My last period was on the 5th January (certain)
My first positive test was taken on the 2nd of Feb and ever since including today are still positive and actually the line always comes up within seconds before the control line and is super dark.

Wednesday just gone I had a u/s at my EPU. The sac was empty and measured 13mm. I was told either my dates was off or its a failing m/c. No blood or pain up to then. My bloods taken that day were 12000.

I went back 2 days later for more bloods and they had fell to just under 11000. I started spotting and light cramps which are still happening. Brown mostly but sometimes redder but I do have a grazed cervix so the doctor said.

The doctor has booked me in for another scan next Friday! I`m going out of my mind....I cannot wait all that long to find out whether or not I`m going to miscarry this very much wanted baby.

Me and my husband have been trying so long for this bubba. This is my 7th. The first 6 all ended in M/C. But this time is so different. Previously I would spot on each one then m/c within hours.

Has anyone got any opinions on how this might end. Be brutally truthful if you must. I just need to know what to expect.

Many thanks.

I forgot to add that I`m having some cramping at the moment but not bad. Plus I`m spotting brown/red but only when I wipe and that's been that way for a few days now.

So sorry with numbers falling spotting and cramps it sounds like a mc. 😢. I do hope I am wrong though your in my thoughts xx

So sorry with numbers falling spotting and cramps it sounds like a mc. 😢. I do hope I am wrong though your in my thoughts xx

Oh dear. That's what I was dreading. It's in God's hands. I'll just have to pray harder for a miracle. Thank you for your reply. Xx

I'm so sorry hun but numbers falling is never a good sign. I do hope I'm wrong though. I really really hope you get your rainbow very soon. If you need to talk to anyone feel free to message me as I understand the pain of recurring losses. Stay strong xx

Going by your dates you would be just shy of 3 weeks ahead of me so you should have seen something at the u/s. I'm sorry hun sounds like maybe a MMC, I had one last November and I had about a week of wiping brown discharge/spotting before any proper bleed took place. I lost the baby early, symptoms continued and nothing seemed wrong, wasn't until my 12 week scan that it was bought to attention.

If ur hcg levels r dropping it all indicates mc, I'm sorry Hun xx

Im very sorry but this sounds very much like a m/c, numbers falling are always a sign

Im very sorry but this sounds very much like a m/c, numbers falling are always a sign

Thank you all very much for your replies.
Just a little update. The spotting has now increased a little and is redder. I phoned my midwife and she thinks because it wasn't a huge drop in numbers on my last blood test, that may be due to dehydration? She said my numbers are way too high to indicate a m/c and she would have expected them to fall a lot more if a m/c was the case. She said lots of things can throw numbers off and so long as I'm not bleeding heavy or severe cramps I'm still in the game. What do you think.....false hope?

Also I think I may have my dates wrong if I ovulated late which may be a possibility as im not always regular which may be the reason a empty sac was seen?

I don't know....maybe I'm hoping a bit too much and making excuses but I do have the strongest feeling baby is okay.

Thanks again everyone. You are all so lovely on here xx

Just a little update. The spotting has now increased a little and is redder. I phoned my midwife and she thinks because it wasn't a huge drop in numbers on my last blood test, that may be due to dehydration? She said my numbers are way too high to indicate a m/c and she would have expected them to fall a lot more if a m/c was the case. She said lots of things can throw numbers off and so long as I'm not bleeding heavy or severe cramps I'm still in the game. What do you think.....false hope?

Also I think I may have my dates wrong if I ovulated late which may be a possibility as im not always regular which may be the reason a empty sac was seen?

I don't know....maybe I'm hoping a bit too much and making excuses but I do have the strongest feeling baby is okay.

Honestly hun, and I'm gonna be very honest here, I'm not sure what your midwife said is correct. Numbers do stop doubling when they reach a certain point but they will still continue to climb. And a when numbers start falling it does signal miscarriage or a failing pregnancy. They dont drop and then rise again. The figure would be way too low for your point in pregnancy regardless of the drop and even if you ovulated late a scan would still show more than a sac with a positive test on the 2nd feb. Then there's the bleeding/spotting. I think it's rather cruel of your midwife to say what she did. I personally would try and see a doctor again and maybe they can discuss your options with you and arrange another scan/blood test. I really am praying for a miracle for you though xx

That's very bad advice from the midwife :nope: it doesn't matter how high your numbers are, they shouldn't drop like that. 12000 is probably the range for about 5-6 weeks pregnant anyway. An ultrasound would have shown a baby at 10 weeks, not just an empty sac unfortunately.

I'm sorry. Everything indicates you are miscarrying. I'm sorry this happened to you again. X

When I went in at 8 weeks they only saw the yolk sac and a tiny fetal pole and no heartbeat. They told me I was only 5 weeks and they drew my blood for hormone levels. Over 2 days my hormones dropped from 30k to 29k and my progesterone was borderline. At my next appointment we saw the heartbeat (96bpm) and they told me I was 5w5d and prescribed me progesterone. The following week they said the baby only grew to 5w6d and the heartbeat was the same. The doc told me I'll probably miscarry because I'm supposed to be about 10w but only measuring just under 6. My next appointment is Thursday. I've had no signs of miscarriage. I'm holding on to the fact that there's still a heartbeat, there was small growth, and no MC symptoms. I'm praying for you and your little one. It's so early yet. I know that we now have the technology to see so much when they're this small but sometimes miracles still happen. I've read countless stories of babies that were weeks behind and caught up between ultrasounds. I read one story where the baby had a heartbeat in the 70s until it reached 9w gestation and the lady now has a healthy 7yo. Don't give up hope yet.

Don't know what to say Hun really, as other have said it doesn't sound good but there is nothing wrong with having hope if you feel positive about it, just prepare yourself in case things do take a turn for the worst. When is your next ultrasound? X

That's definitely a miscarriage, im so sorry to hear that. :(

When I went in at 8 weeks they only saw the yolk sac and a tiny fetal pole and no heartbeat. They told me I was only 5 weeks and they drew my blood for hormone levels. Over 2 days my hormones dropped from 30k to 29k and my progesterone was borderline. At my next appointment we saw the heartbeat (96bpm) and they told me I was 5w5d and prescribed me progesterone. The following week they said the baby only grew to 5w6d and the heartbeat was the same. The doc told me I'll probably miscarry because I'm supposed to be about 10w but only measuring just under 6. My next appointment is Thursday. I've had no signs of miscarriage. I'm holding on to the fact that there's still a heartbeat, there was small growth, and no MC symptoms. I'm praying for you and your little one. It's so early yet. I know that we now have the technology to see so much when they're this small but sometimes miracles still happen. I've read countless stories of babies that were weeks behind and caught up between ultrasounds. I read one story where the baby had a heartbeat in the 70s until it reached 9w gestation and the lady now has a healthy 7yo. Don't give up hope yet.

Thank you for sharing your story and I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. Nothing is ever straight forward is it. I will be praying for you too. Let's have faith that both of us will have a magical ending. Sending love and prayers.

I'm now having slight contraction type pains but the bleeding has totally stopped. I really hate my body. Why can't it just tell me fir definite one way or the other instead of stringing along. :(

I am really sorry you are going through such uncertainty. Sending positive thoughts

I am really sorry you are going through such uncertainty. Sending positive thoughts

Thanks everyone but just as predicted by you all.....The bleeding got much worse and so did the contraction type pain. I'm losing a lot of clots and I dare not even stand up because the blood just keeps on gushing so I think it's safe to say I'm out.....yet again. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->