Opinions on a girls name (choice of 3)

banana07

DS1 (8yo) & DS2 (1yo)
Reaction score
Hey Ladies

I'm only 22 weeks so have a while to decide but I'm driving myself around the bend. Like alot on here, I'm happy with my boys name Dlyan James Evans. DS1 was named after his late uncle so I didn't really get to do the whole naming thing its was decided before he was even concieved!

Anyway for the girl I have it down to 3 names. We like "normal" traditional type names.

DS is Billy Peter Evans (William on birthcert but never actually called that)

I have:

Charlotte Louise Evans
Leah Margaret Evans
Kara Louise Evans.

Middle names are of family origin so not changing them.

What do ye think?

:)

The only problem / concern I have with Charlotte is that it is quite English and as we already have a William and are in the vast minority in Irish protestants - is it too much!! But I think its the elegance/class I love about it??

I prefer Charlotte the most. I didn't realise English/Irish differed so much.

I really like Leah & Dylan

Charlotte is just so super popular, but if you like it it also goes well with Dylan too I think. Kara is a nice name but I just don't see it going with Dylan. Also I'd suggest Kara Margaret?

So you have a son called Billy and for this pregnancy, your boys name is Dylan James and you aren't sure of the girls name? Just trying to work it out as at first I thought you had two sons called billy and Dylan!

I like Charlotte and you could call her Lottie. Billy and Lottie sound cute! X

Charlotte Louise is gorgeous. I love the nicknames Lotte and Charlee. Not really a fan of Leah and Kara, they sound too grownup for a baby girl to me..

I like Leah the most. Charlotte is a lovely name too though. I don't think it's too much to put it with William either, both are common enough in Ireland and not all that 'English' :)

I really love Leah. Margaret is unusual but goes well and I think it'll be popular soon given the old lady trend.

I am biased about Kara because it's my (adult) niece's name and lovely as she is, she.... IDK, just it has put me off the name! Charlotte is lovely too.

charlotte is by far the best. I absolutely love it. I would name my daughter that myself but it doesnt match my sirname at all unfortunately.
Its beautiful - my favourite favourite name of all time

My daughter is Charlotte and I'm Louise so kind of biased towards that one I'm afraid! We call her Charlie for short, she's started referring to herself as Charlottie which I think is really cute too! x

1st choice Leah, 2nd choice Kara - I like both options!

I like Charlotte. My sister's name is Kara Leanne so hearing it with a different middle name is just strange to me.

Love Charlotte! It goes well with William (not too English at all!) and there are a few of nn options!

Billy & Lottie
Billy & Lotta
Billy & Charlie

Sorry girls I thought I replied back to you all ages ago but for whatever reason it didn't post.

I'm still stuck between, Charlotte Louise and Kara Louise. I've confused myself even more now as I'm also swinging bettwen the boys name. Dylan James or James Michael.

I'd like my names to flow if you know what I mean like not having a mary and a Shakira !!

So if I go with Dylan Michael I'll go with Kara Louise and if I got with James Michael I'll go with Charlotte Louise. Ha already planning the next one!

Why am I so bloody ackward!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->