Opinions on Birth Photography

sheilarose

Reaction score
Hi All

This might be a strange topic :), however please let me introduce myself, my name is Sheila Rose, I am a photographer (and a Mum) - someone had memtioned to me recently the need for Birth Photographers in the UK, its quite popular in the States, and catching on here - its something which quite interests me, and which I think could be a wonderful way to capture the joys, pains and totally emotionally nerve racking time surrounding childbirth - if of course done in a tasteful, unobtrusive respectful manner. I would really like to hear the opinions of Mums & Dads to be? & how do you think the hospitals would react - love to hear your opinion on this one.
Thanks Sheila

yep id have it done in a shot. this mess should prob be in the press and research bit tho? i maybe wrong...

Don't know if you want to hear from people in the States or not..... but I don't think that is something I could have done. I rarely like having my picture taken under the best of circumstances.

definately not for me i'm afraid; I can see the market but any photos will be taken by me or DH...as few people as possible is what we are looking for and personal pics...

Thanks Amy - interested in the opinions of UK Mums only..I've looked at some of the States photographers sites, and while initially I thought it might be a bit ahh OMG..the photography tends to be Black & White and very beautiful - thanks for your reply Sheila

at first i read this and thought errrrr no way

but the more i think about it some tastefully angled b/w shots would be quite nice. you see a lot of people video their birth experience so why not catch it in stills?

Sorry, my birth wil be an event kept private to my husband and myself only. I really dont ever want any pictures on anywhere close to down there lol...

The pics of our family immediately after birth will be suffiecient.

Not for me, either. The fewer who see my stuff, the better!

Er no I dont think so.

Although I do want some photos of me and baby and my partner and baby when he's only a few minutes old. I think Ill probably not be in the best state of mind to remember, but it's soemthing I don't want to forget and wont be able to relive.

But not when Im in the throws of labour, no. Im camera shy at the best of times.

xxx

Thank you all for your opinions - its a subject that I guess if you think about it quickly you automatically think this would be images of you puffing & panting for England, not looking your best and include shots of private parts which should remain private - am I Right?
I wonder if you would change you opinion if you looked at images which IMO are simply stunning and capture the moment- I cannot give a web address here - however I would be grateful if anyone has the time to google the birth photograper - this is a lady in Dallas, and this would be the style of docum. photography I would be referring to. It would be very interesting if views change upon seeing this style of photography. Many thanks Sheila

Id have had it done at both my births. I actually wanted pictures of me in labour but my hubby is a light-weight (lol) and he wouldnt have been able to stomache doing it. If it had of been on offer, i would have really looked into doing it. Ive never heard of it before. Is there a website with this on? Not that it'll matter coz im not planning on having anymore kids lol

Found the website and had a look. Not what I was expecting at all, the presentation of this kind of photography is absolutely beautiful, some of the slideshows actually brought tears to my eyes, really shows the emotional side of labour. Wouldn't personally have it done and I bet it costs a bomb but I think for some people it would be something they would consider.

I'm not pregnant, but if I was pregnant again and had a successful pregnancy I'd definitely consider it.

I'm glad that some opinions have been changed by actually looking at the images which can be captured in a very tasteful manner - thanks again for taking the time to comment on this post Regards Sheila

What is the name of the photographer sorry? Ive tried googling and come up with some very strange things.

xxx

Linzi - its the Birth Photographer - lady called Nicole Eades based in Dallas TX
Best Sheila

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"