Opinions on name Erika?

Kmx

Reaction score
I havn't asked OH yet but wondered others opinions.

I like unusual names but not too out there and heard this on a tv show and think I like it.

Opinions?

I like it, but prefer the spelling Erica.

Strikes me as very 80s. Not a fan. But I also prefer the Erica spelling.

Well I wouldn't consider the name Erica/Erika to be "unusual" -- To me it's quite common. I work with 2 and know several others. It's a very dated name in my opinion... similar to Jessica/Stephanie/80s names.

I'm in the US, though... perhaps it's different in your location.

One of my best friends is named Erika! I don't think it's an unusual name though, I remember several people in high school with that name and some were Erica and Erika

It's not my style and I prefer the spelling Erica.

Thanks!

OH doesn't like it - which he never does! I'm really struggling for a name & to be honest I just heard the name and thought "I've never met an Erika" which is what I like rather than really loving the name.

I really like it!

I do prefer it spelled Erica though x

I quite like it but I don't love it

I don't mind it. Wouldnt use it though. And prefer the spelling Erica also.

Same here - but Abigail is the same for as well, I thought you liked 80's names?

Abigail doesn't strike me as an "80s name" -- I don't know any adults at all named Abigail/Abby... I only know a handful of kids named this... all under 12 years old. :shrug:

I think of Abigail as an old name- wasn't it in the bible?

Same here - but Abigail is the same for as well, I thought you liked 80's names?

Abigail is not even remotely 80s here - I'm an 80s kid and knew zero kids growing up named Abigail and have never met an adult Abigail even close to my age (the only one I ever met was my great aunt's roommate and she's died from old age by now no doubt).

I don't care for names that scream 80s, I like old classic names (which Abigail definitely is - and yes it was in the bible!).

I had a close childhood friend called Erica so I have a fond association with it. But like many others I like the spelling "Erica" best.

I like it. I had a figure skating coach by that name (she was born in late 70s/early 80s.) She later went on to become a French teacher. So I think of someone athletic, smart, and successful when I hear that name.

Definitely an 80s name! I personally wouldn't use it but find nothing wring with it and I like yhr Erika spelling better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->