Opinions on Opk?

Mrs_Hadley

Reaction score
Hi all.

Decided to try using some Opk sticks this month and tested on the days my ovia app said I was in my fertile window. I tested each day around 6pm and got a negative each time. I was quite disheartened by this but after doing some reading I found a lot of people had said sometimes you need to test twice a day as it can be easy to miss etc. Just wondered what other people's opinions/experiences were as it sent me into a panic there was something wrong with me!

You may have irregular cycles? I missed ovulation our first two months of TTC because I thought I was ovulating the week my app told me,,, but it was a week later! So this is cycle number three for us. I started temping and takin OPks daily to make sure I don't miss it again!

My cycles are always 27 days - very regular every month but could this still mean I ovulate later ? X

It is possible to ovulate later. Short luttar phases can occur. Have you considered temping? That might shed some light on whether you o or o later.

i normally o cd 21 maybe you o later then expected, you cant really trust those apps they go off of the 14 day mark.

Agreed opks and bbt can help shed more light on if/when you O. If I had gone off the calendar alone, I would have thought I O'd much sooner (and probably taken a break from BDing sooner). My cycles are only 24 days, but according to my LH surge I likely O around cd13...so my LP is only 11 days. I decided to temp this cycle to see if I get a thermal shift right after the LH surge as predicted.

Even you use OPK already… there still are something that might cause negative (this also depends on individual’s physical situation)
I actually test twice a day to make sure I won’t miss it! (Your LH surge might happen before or after you test it)

Therefore, BBT becomes really important because it can help confirm whether or not O really took place and it can also helps you make sure your cycle!

Or maybe you drink too much water? The dilution could make it difficult to detect the surge too (if so, maybe you can try saliva OPK? )

I use ovia and have a very regular 27 day cycle too. When does ovia estimate your fertile window? For me, it was a little too late for the first couple of months (estimated o for day 17) this month I got a positive opk on day 13. Any chance you missed it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->