Opinions on the name Levi

xxenigmaxx

mom of 2 and expecting
Reaction score
I am having a boy, and the top name that keeps popping into my head is Levi. I think it is really cute for a boy, but does it sound ok for a grown man? I want a name that can fit a baby and an adult. Opinions?

Of course I love it, but I am Jewish and we have a lot of Lev and Levi boys running around.

I still like it as a non-religious name as well. Very cute. How do you intend to pronounce it? I think it is on my short list, too :)

I like it; I like Biblical names and think it's a strong name for a man. It carries a lot of wisdom.

bdassdesire - I plan to pronounce it like the jeans (levi strauss) - I'm not good at writing out pronunciations, but, like lee-vie.

personally I dont know how it will age on a boy as ive only known girls called Levi

I'm not a fan, but I've only come across naughty Levi's so that's probably why! I think it ages well though, I like it more when I think of it on an adult!

I used to like it (ONLY on boys, as a traditional name) but then I started to notice it become a bit trendy as a girl name. I watched this episode of Wife Swap or something and the shouty, sweary family had a girl called Levi. Put me right off.

Sometimes I wonder if there are people in non-western countries with little girls called Colin and Steve running around.

I had no idea it was becoming a popular girl name. I have only heard of it used for boys. Then again, people are naming their kids all sorts of things these days!!

I am so sick of people taking boy's names and co-opting them for girls (eg Levi, Dylan). So annoying!
I love Levi as a boy's name. I also love Ari as a boys name. But alas, it's starting to be used as a girl's name as well :(

I had no idea it was becoming a popular girl name. I have only heard of it used for boys. Then again, people are naming their kids all sorts of things these days!!

It was a popular girls name in the 80s/90s I think as all the Levi's I met where in there teens

interestingly thanks to the band skid row there was a short period in the 80s where Rachel was a boys name but it was a flash in the pan fad and not many jumped on it - still interesting though when you see that short sharp little blue spike on the name usage chart for 1988

It's a biblical boys name isn't it. I only associate it with shouty undesirable families :-/. If you really like it though go for it as the people that meet your lo will associate it with him. I think majority of people suit there names

I love it! A strong, biblical boys name. I never heard of a girl called Levi :shrug:
Go for it! :thumbup: x

I personally don't like it but that's because I know a certain boy called Levi. I do however work with a 23 year old girl called Levi and she really suits it. Up until she started I'd only ever thought of it as a boys name!

I'm sorry I don't like it. Must be something about that type of name because I don't like Lexi either! At the end of the day you are never going to get a name that everyone likes so pick what you want!

I like it for a boys name. I think it grows well too..not too popular where I'm from but not unusual. I like it but its not my list x

Most of the Levi's I know come from super religious families. And of course, I have a friend Levi - in his 30s - and the name works fine as an adult as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->