opinions on this name...

Bellaloo12

Mum of 5
Reaction score
So my baby girl is due in 2 months time and im struggling for a name...
Ive just come across dotty and i think i do quite like it as its cute....what do you think? Nay or yay??? im not sure what oh will think but we cant agree on anything anyway..
The other names i had/have are
Elsie
Sienna
Fran/Francesca
Harlow
Freya
Esmè......
I really am struggling as i would like to find a cute little name for her
I know its personal opinion when it comes to names and i know when i see her i will 'know' but still wondering what to have as my top few names lol. So what do you think? Dottie/dotty. Does it sound too nick name ish aswell ?

Dotty to me is a nickname for Dorothy.

Out of your list my favourite name is Harlow.

Yeh thats what i thought...plus i dont think i would want want anyone calling her dot!!? which would happen wouldn't it?

Dot/Dotty is a nickname to me. A friend calls her child Dot because she was a preemie and tiny when she was born.

It's cute for a baby and for a small child but I can't imagine introducing myself at 20/30 as Dotty in a job interview or something. I mean that's just my opinion, it's your daughter and your choice there's no pleasing everyone. Whatever name you choose I'm sure she would make her own.

I don't like Dotty or Dorothy. I like Harlow and Freya from your list.

Dot/Dotty is a nickname to me. A friend calls her child Dot because she was a preemie and tiny when she was born.

It's cute for a baby and for a small child but I can't imagine introducing myself at 20/30 as Dotty in a job interview or something. I mean that's just my opinion, it's your daughter and your choice there's no pleasing everyone. Whatever name you choose I'm sure she would make her own.

I do agree with you on that one!! about the job interview thing etc thats why i asked for opinions because like you say as a 30 year old could you imagine being called that...i never thought that far ahead haha lol thanks for reminding me lol

All of the other names on your list are lovely and I think would grow from birth to adulthood :)

:haha:Maybe i will scrap that idea then lol blame it on The pregnancy brain

Aw I think Dotty is really cute as a nickname but I agree that it doesn't seem to age well (although obviously it would depend on the person I bet some women could totally pull Dotty off). If you found another name that could be shortened to Dotty I'd go for it- I've heard Dorothy (not a big fan of Dorothy but it is OK) and Odette shortened to Dotty.
I like Esme best fro your list :)

Yeh im not a fan of Dorothy i dont think i could call her it just so i could shorten it to dotty i think oh would laugh if i suggested dorothy x

I love it, lots of names are shortened versions of old names now I.e Hattie, EEdie, Lottie and people are more adventurous when choosing names now so I don't think Dottie will particularly be a crazy name.

Dot/Dottie :nope:

You have some beautiful names to choose from once you see her!

My top favorites, in order of preference:

Harlow
Sienna
Francesca (with nn "Cheska", not Fran)
Esme'

Additional suggestions:

Maggie
Layla
Lacey
Lyla
Callie
Kelsey
Mia
Holly

Not a fan of dotty but I love sienna!

I'm not a huge fan of Dotty, I could never call my child Harlow as it's a not so great town in Essex :lol:

I like sienna, Esme and Elsie from your list :)

To me Dotty is someone who is a bit scatterbrained... So not convinced.

I love Sienna and Elsie on your list.

I have a girlfriend named Dottie and she wears it well. She's fun, charismatic and does the name proud. Her full name is Dottie as well. I say if you love it, go for it!

I like Sienna and Esme.

Dotty seems like a nn and for me, it doesn't pass the senator test.

Please welcome, Senator Dotty...?!

We'll. did say to oh how about dotty and he said a big fat no strait away. He didn't even consider it lol and to the poster that said about Harlow being a place in Essex that is the one factor putting me off.....I googled it when I heard it and it came up with it being a place in essence and Nicole riches baby girls name.....I'm so disappointed as that was my top name for her.....and it's ruined it for me lol but I do still like it and I don't know how many people i know who would actually know its a place in Essex either lol so I may be able to get away with it....:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->