Opinions on using this name please

wish4baby

Reaction score
The name is Emarie. Here is the history:

We became friends with a family through my oldest sons sports team (about 2 years). They had a little girl the same age as my daughter, named Emery. Our families became very close - we spent 4 days a week together, sometimes more, lots of out of town/ overnight traveling, ect.
Well, we recently had a huge falling out (because we left that team). Long story short, they do not want anything to do with us and even when we run into them at the sports park, she won't let her dd play with mine & she ignores us. So immature...

We love the name Emarie - Marie after my grandmother, and it must start with an E (we have themed names lol). The name would be pronounced the same as her little girls :O
Oh, and we still see them/run into them a lot, its a very small world at the level our boys play (for instance, the boys are heading out of the country together next week and will be rooming together, we will all be at the airport to see them off).

Do you think we shouldn't use the name, if we have a girl?

I personally wouldn't use it, purely due to the fact that there is bad feeling there, I wouldn't want them to think or say to others that you have used 'their' name etc. Maybe choose an E name adn use Marie as a middle name? But its a personal choice and you obviously have genuine reasons for wanting that name :shrug:

Other nice 'E' names:

Evangeline (nn Evie) Marie
Evelyn Marie
Esme Marie
Emme Marie
Emma Marie
Emmerson Marie
Estelle Marie
Esther Marie
Eden Marie
Ebony Marie
Ella Marie
Elvie Marie

If you really love the name then use it. If they arent even speaking to you , who cares what they think! If anything they should be flattered that you like their daughter's name. You dont want to look back in a few years time when they are well and truly out of your lives and wish you had used the name.

what about combining another name aswell, like:

Emarielle
Elmarie
Emariett

I wouldn't, I'd choose a different name and have Marie as the middle name

Why not? I agree with pp. It may be awkward for a while but if you really love it you don't want to look back and regret not using it just because someone else was being childish!

I would personally use something else like Everleigh/Everly Marie but that's just me. If you really love it, then ignore what people will say and go for it.

I personally wouldn't use it. I also personally don't like the spelling. It looks like it would be pronounced E-marie rather than Emery. That's just my opinion though! If you love it, you should use it! My daughter's name is Elsie which is a lovely E name ;)

My old supervisors daughter is named EmMarie.

Emma-Marie is cute too!

I have to say I read it as Em-ARE-ee before I saw the comparison to Emery. I do like it but you may have pronunciation problems with the spelling.

Thanks for the input ladies!

I love Emma Marie, and I really like the pronunciation Em-ARE-ee...both of those are great alternatives!!! Thanks so much xx

Just an extra thought, you could go for a name which has the same meaning as Marie but begins with an 'E'. The Hebrew meaning for Marie is wished for child, Evelyn also means wished for child. Marie's other meaning is bitter so I'd probably stay away from names meaning that :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->