Opinions Please - Poss UTI or BFP lol

lalitas charm

Mummy to Bethan & Piplet
Reaction score
Hey there,

I haven't been on here for a while so Hello to anyone I haven't spoken to before!!

Here is my dilemma!! I've been feeling pretty strange for the last week or so, cramps, off colour, tired, appetite gone (not like me) and peeing like mad. I had been thinking that I might have a uti so I called my GP earlier and asked for antibiotics for it, she sounded a little doubtful that it was a uti but said that it was worth trying to see if it worked but then the little cogs in my head started turning..........

We BD'd a couple of days before I was due to O (and a few times after :haha:) while we were on hols and we'd thrown caution to the wind thanks to sun sea and cocktails as we were sorta ntnp anyway and well I wonder could I be preg? I honestly dont remember what I felt like the last time except my symptoms were similar to my friend when she had a tummy bug at the same time!! :wacko:

I just wonder should I take the antibiotics or not........... Any opinions???

Many thanks!! :flower:

Didn't want to read and run, but my advice is :test:!!!

I agree... i'd test... then if u get a bfn take the antib's

Depends what anti-biotics you've been given. Amoxycillin is sae for when PG (I was given it while PG with Earl both just before my BFP (thought he was a UTI lol :haha:) and also at about 20 weeks when I got a bad UTI.

Definitely worth testing if you're thinking it was acouple of weeks ago anyway. Get a decent test and see what happens.

Thanks ladies, I think that I'll leave it a week to test though, I don't like those pesky BFNs!! I got one plus a dud a week before I got my bfp with my DD and it really did knock me.

My DH is away atm with work and I was on the phone moaning about feeling grotty and he was like "you're not pregnant are you??" with a little hopeful voice. He's dying to have another baby!

It is amoxycillin Aimee-lou, I had them when I was preg too but I don't like taking antibiotics unless it is strictly necessary. Good to see someone else think the symptoms are so similar lol!! I can't get over Earl!! He's so cute!! The last time I saw a pic of him he was a little baby :)

Thanks - same goes for Bethan! It's funny as we're both on here quite a lot and I see you posting but it seems like ages lol.

Thank picture was taken about 9 months ago now...I really should update it lol.

Good luck with the test. I know what you mean about the BFNs. I had an evap last month and then 2 BFNs after that and it nigh on killed me and hubby. Best to wait until well past the dreaded AFs due date.

Are you feeling any better or worse today?

I think that I should update my pic as well as that pic with the hat is from last summer lol.

I haven't been on here for ages tbh, haven't had the time lol!!

I'm sorry about what happened to you and your DH last month, I can imagine how much that hurt you both. I hope you have better luck this month!

I'm feeling loads better which leads me to believe it def is a UTI :( never mind huh?? I'm still nauseous, lack of appetite and some crampy pains but not as wiped out or emotional. I haven't been tracking my periods etc for the last few months but I reckon I'm prob only 9dpo at this point anyway, I'll see what happens, if I'm still nauseous on Sunday I might test, I've got the boots ones which you can use 4 days early but I'll play it by ear, I don't want to get DH's hopes up.

Hoping these are good signs for you, keep us posted! :)

Thanks Tonka! I hope that this is your month too.

I have to admit I think that I'm out, I'm feeling 100% now after being on antibiotics for 2 days so......

But I've ordered some IC tests so I could always poas on sat/sun to get confirmation of being out. I have a boots test calling me atm but I don't want to waste it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->