Opinions please..

smiller1404

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
Just to start off there will be venting. This is my 4th pregnancy, and only my second baby. With my son, I went toxic at 38 weeks. The only way I knew was I had one side swollen. When I went to labor and deliver they tried to push me away until they realized that my blood pressure was so high, I was at a risk of having a seizure or stroking out.

I am currently 27 weeks, 4 days. On Wednesday, at my drs appointment, my bp was 110/60, which is my norm. The next night, I had blurry spotty vision which had only ever happened when I was toxic. I decided to check my blood pressure but the only way I did it is with the machines in the pharmacy. My blood pressure on the machines ranged from 140/81 - 145/95. It's constantly been going up. I know the machines aren't reliable but it would give me a ball park. I called labor and delivery, they said that the machines aren't accurate, don't use them and to go to my dr. It's the weekend, I can't contact my dr until Monday. They couldn't come up for a reason for my spotty vision, my hands have been tingly since it started going up and they tried to tell me I had carpal tunnel. They said my blood pressure was fine on Wednesday, it should be fine now. Just wait until my next drs appointment in 2 weeks. WTF? I have ha preeclampsia, yes I may be paranoid of getting it again but with good reason. my bLood pressure is going up, whether the numbers are right or not. I went to my mother in law today so she could check it so I wouldn't have to go see people in labor and delivery since they pissed me off. My blood pressure at that point was 155/104. I told her I was mad so that would make it go up even more. I'm thinking of going to buy my own pee dip sticks at a pharmacy because I don't want to go to labor and delivery. If I had a choice, I wouldn't even go there to have a baby. How dare they push people away when there could be something wrong? Especially when they have a history of it. What should I do?

hi i am 14 weeks with third an i was at my mw 2days before son born all fine bp less 120/60 i turned up in labour an set hosp machines off with bp of 170+/110 ambulanced bigger hosp thrs way. I was monitored real closly an my mws all said pls contact if blurry vision rib pain headaches etc with my second i was put on meds at 30+ weeks and luckly aparantly kept bp ok in labour (inly checked once or twice, i thought it be contantly done due to bein told as soon bp rises am of in ambulance again) i was told after son tht pre e hapens in alot first pregs but not always subsiquant pregs.

I suppose you've been seen by now? All I can say is don't let them fob you off. Maybe go in in person? It's easy to send someone away on the phone but if they are standing in front of you it is a different matter. Even if they think you are low risk the matter remains that you are pregnant and you are concerned. They are there to look after you and put your mind at ease :hugs:

with a bp that high hun i really hope you went and got looked at. I know some of them can be complete idiots but they are not all like that :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->