Opinions, please

Queridinha

Reaction score
Posted this on NTNP as well, since I'm not really sure where this fits. First time poster, but I can't really talk to friends and family about this, so here it goes... Apologies it it's a little disjointed. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this myself.

BF and I have been together for a few months. We're in our early 30s, both been in serious relationships before. This is pretty new, but amazing and intense. We've met each other's friends and family, all good. I don't believe in "The One", but I've never felt this way about anyone... (And I was married before...)

Anyway, we've talked several times about future plans and how we both want children, but it hasn't happened yet, and how you're never really ready. I'm not on BC, but I track my cycle closely and have never been pregnant. I generally used condoms in my former LTRs.

After one of our conversations about having a family, we just kind of stopped using condoms about 6 weeks ago. We didn't exactly discuss it, we just stopped using them. He was pulling out, but I let him finish inside me a few times during my period over the holidays.

Then, afterwards, I showed him the app that I use to track my cycle, telling him that I was ovulating on Jan 1, so I would be fertile from about Dec 28 to Jan 4.

Today is Jan 3, and we've dtd 27 times since Dec 28. (I'm not making this up. We can't keep our hands off of each other.)

He mostly pulls out, but we've had a couple of close calls. Also, he often finishes *almost* inside me... And we often have sex twice in a row without really stopping, which I imagine is super risky.

I guess my questions would be, in your opinion:
Is he trying to get me pregnant?
Am I trying to get pregnant but deluding myself?
What are the chances we're going to conceive? (Hard to say, I know)

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I'm a university educated, professional woman, but I'm at a point where I need to make some decisions about what I want my life to look like, and I'm realizing that my 60+ hr/wk job isn't going to fulfil me overall. I feel ridiculously compelled to breed with this beautiful man who adores me, but I'm kind of terrified at the idea of my life changing so much.

Another question:
Anybody choose babies over career? Your experience?

Wow, ok. It feels good to get this out.

Wow 27 times in such a short time frame l, my Oh would be well happy with that lol!! That said and regardless of whether he pulls out in time, I'd say you have every chance of being pregnant. I can't answer whether you yourself want a baby, only you can but seen as though you asked I will vote yes :) sounds like your partner isn't too bothered about ensuring you don't get pregnant either. I do think you should maybe sit down with him and discuss the issue properly and make a decision together. As to choosing either babies or career, I'm currently applying to uni to do my degree (not in yet) but I'm desperate to have another and have decided that I still have plenty of career life left but my biological clock is ticking so have decided to try now, therefore I don't think you put babies before career, you just have time out :) good luck xxx

Sounds like he is crazy about you and would obviously not mind if a baby is on the way. as far as your pregnancy chances that depends on his sperm count and if you actually ovulated and for women TTC its generally not recommended to BD more then once a day in your fertile window as it takes a minimum of 24 hours after a man ejaculates to restore sperm count , so the more you BD in 24 hours each time the sperm count will continue to lower. But I still think you might be pregnant .I recommend taking folic acid daily if your not already.

As far as career over babies I decided a long time ago that above all I wanted to be a mom and once my first came along I wanted to be here for her 24-7 so I decided to be a SAHM. and I have never regretted my decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->