Opinions please

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
I've been thinking about baby names since DH and I have a really hard time agreeing on names. I absolutely love two names - one girl, one boy. However, I worry about how they sound with our last name. I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts/opinions are and any suggestions for working around it.

Our last name is Noha (pronounced like Noah)

The girl name I like is Eleanora, with the nickname Nora (I'm not as keen on the nn Elle or Ellie).

The boy name I like is Leo.

To me, they both sound odd with our last name? Am I just being silly?

I love both your name choices. I think Leo sounds fine with Noha and Eleanora does too, but Nora Noha is too rhymey got me to be honest. Are there any other nn's for Eleanora you like, Nelly/Nell, Lena, Lenny, Aora (like Aura) etc?

I think they sound fine with your last name. Like pp said I would used Nellie or another nickname xx

I love both your name choices. I think Leo sounds fine with Noha and Eleanora does too, but Nora Noha is too rhymey got me to be honest.

I agree with this. That being said, I don't think you should find a different nickname (Nora is lovely, btw!). I can't think of any situations where the child would have to use her nickname with her surname. Where I live (maybe it's different where you live?), people use their nicknames only in informal settings. And they don't use surnames in informal settings. And in formal settings we use our full name, not nicknames. Does that make sense?

So your daughter would introduce herself as Eleanora Noha to clients at work. But she would just introduce herself as Nora to people, who she meets at the club.

I've never, not even once in my life, used my nickname with my surname.

Honestly Eleanora Noha still sounds a little rhymey to me but Eleanor Noha sounds lovely. I would still use the nn Nora for Eleanor.

I agree that Nora Noha sounds a bit odd, but my LO is Abigail and goes by Abby 90% of the time, yet I've never paired Abby with her last name. Any time I'm using her last name I'm using her full first name as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->