Opinions please

Babybump87

Reaction score
(Reposting here as WTT is kinda quiet ( hope it’s ok!))

What would you do ?!

Me and DH agreed to start trying for baby no3 after his brothers wedding next August . Now they have decided to cancel it and book for the next year (2019).

I don’t really want to be pregnant or have a newborn at their wedding because I am going to be a bridesmaid .

I don’t want a big age gap between my children either there’s 2 years 10 months between my girls now .

What would you do start trying in the new year or wait until after their wedding for a new baby to be born in 2020 ?! I know I’m over thinking things just wanted other ladies opinions.

Thanks everyone !

If i wanted a baby i highly doubt id be able to wait until some point in 2019 to start trying but thats mostly just me and my impatience.

When i felt ready for my first we started pretty much straight away even though timing wasnt wonderful. Same this time. I decided i was ready in March and wanted to crack on as soon as i could. Thankfully my OH has always been pretty easy going and since he always wanted 2 he was happy to try whenever i was.

Do you know when the wedding is likely to be in 2019 as that could make a big difference? If you were able to get pregnant quickly say Feb time and you'd brother wedding wasnt until August 2019 you'd have a 8/9 month old (if my maths is adding up right there).

On the otherhand if it took a while to get pregnant and they got married in early 2019 then yes its likely you would be pregnant or have a very little baby. Although personally i wouldnt change my plans for someone elses and definitely wouldnt put off trying for a baby for someones wedding.

(Just popping in and reading the posts haven’t been on in forever!)

If they’re postponing the wedding, then truly, there’s no way of knowing when (or I guess maybe even - if) it will take place. So if I were you I’d forget about being pregnant or not at the wedding, and just focus on your own family planning - whatever suits your family best is what I would do. There will always be some inconvenient wedding/shower/funeral/etc. that is not exactly conducive to a pregnant woman, but you can’t control all that.

What suits your current family the best is a certainty. The timing of this wedding, and other future events, is not :flower:

Thanks ladies I guess I just got a little frustrated with plans keep moving and over thinking things! Wedding is possibly going to be July / August so your right Jessy!

We are just going to do what’s best for our family now and not worry or overthink the future! Your also so right Bella there will always be a event not completely suited to a pregnant lady and plus I’m sure I could find a dress suitable for a bump if so lol . I’m going to stop stressing and trying to work everything out ! Roll with it!

Thanks for your input ladies appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->