+OPK, 3 days after LEEP, is it safe?

lorileigh

Reaction score
I think I got a +OPK this morning. I have NEVER had a +OPK! So I was pretty excited... :happydance:

That being said, I had a LEEP done 3 days ago. Everything I read online said, you usually have to wait 3 weeks after a LEEP before TTC. My OBGYN said it should be OK to have intercourse after about 5 days.

I'm trying to convince the hubby that with the +OPK, we should go ahead and DTD for the next three days (starting today).

He thinks I'm not being safe about it and that I am still healing.

What do you think? Am I crazy to think about doing that so close to having part of my cervix removed? Or am I crazy to consider missing the one month that I actually ovulated?

I would wait because while your cervix wasn't removed the tip of it was sliced off and it is still healing. Remember that the cervix is the muscle that keeps your baby from falling out of the uterus. So if you have had very recent surgery on it, it will be in a weakened state right from the beginning. The cervix will close and lengthen when you're pregnant and sometimes if it is weak, drs will need to stitch it closed, or it will cause a miscarriage.
I had a LEEP done 13 years ago and I think I had to wait 3 weeks to have sex because a scab forms on the cervix. I am not sure that even means that you could get pregnant if the cervical opening is 'scabbed'. I don't know for sure if there was an actual scab on the cervix, but we had sex the morning of my follow up appt and the dr made the comment "oh, looks like your scab has already fallen off". haha

I would definitely wait. I haven't had the LEEP procedure, but I've had the one they do before that where they go in and clip a sample of the problem area. Even then I bled a LOT and they painted this stuff on my cervix that looks like mustard. The doctor said to expect it to come out in a few days to a week later. When it did, it was a massive clump of clotted blood and the stuff they painted on the cervix to make it heal faster (sorry TMI but you should know). If they put anything on there, the cervix may not be open, not to mention if there is a healing scab you could knock it loose during bd and cause yourself to bleed. I know it's hard to miss a month, but for your own health try to abstain till next month. :(

Thank you both for responding. I was afraid that would be the answer. We ended up waiting, b/c we had company over on New Year's anyway and my OH was pretty nervous about the idea.

I've actually had three +OPKs in a row now, so I don't know what to think... My OBGYN said it would be ok to try again after 5 days, so we are going to do that.

My mom was 39 and had a leep...5 days later she concieved my baby brother!! I'm not saying to wait or not i'm just saying its possible

Thanks! I haven't had any signs of bleeding for a few days now. So I think we are going to give it a try and just take it easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->