+OPK???? Advice needed please.

Jin

Unhinged Mummy of 3
Reaction score
Ok, so I have been doing OPK's for nearly two weeks now and have had no hint of a +. But I just took one and I THINK it's a +. But I'm confused because I know the second line is supposed to be as dark or darker than the control line but mine appears to be SLIGHTLY lighter. However I have never had a second line on any of them before. I have used the same test as always so it's not because they are different tests and I've done it at the same time as I have every other time. I've taken a pic so that I can get your opinions although the pic isn't that great. What do you think?

https://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx154/Jinw1981/ttc/IMAG0158.jpg

The first test strip is one I took yesterday and the second one is the one I did today. What do you think?

Very hard to see in the pic- but the lines look super close in color- I would start DTD girl! Even if it's not a Pos+ (technically) yet... it's on the way!!! lol. We always start to DTD once I have any line... because within a day or so I'll get a full on Pos+.

Since these tests detect the surge before you actually Ov, it's best to get on it now! haha. ;)

Best of luck!!!

Oh thank you. That's what I was hoping to hear. That it's on it's way. Anyway we did dtd straight after just incase LOL.

Oh thank you. That's what I was hoping to hear. That it's on it's way. Anyway we did dtd straight after just incase LOL.

Perfect! hehe. Best of luck hun!!! Fingers crossed for ya ;)

I finally got my pos+ OPK yesterday- I'd have some very faint lines for a couple days (which is odd for me- I usually only get one faint line then WHAM the next day it's super pos+)- so thinking it may be the tests I'm using, although they've always worked for me in the past, I tried another brand and got a pos straight away! Always nice to see something positive! hehe

Ah, the world of OPKs... lol.

By the way, this is a great site if you have questions about OPKs or HPTs... I've found most of the information very accurate compared to what I've seen on other sites: https://www.peeonastick.com/

Ah, the world of OPKs... lol.

By the way, this is a great site if you have questions about OPKs or HPTs... I've found most of the information very accurate compared to what I've seen on other sites: https://www.peeonastick.com/

I know it's all very confusing lol. I wish they were the same as a hpt, where a line is a line.

Thanks for the link :flower:

Well I tested again this morning and there was a strong line but not as strong as the control line which I was expecting as I used FMU, so I tested again about lunch time and this time the test line was stronger than the control line so I thought Great. A definate positive. So I tested again when i got home from work at about 3 o'clock and the test line was lighter than the control line again. So confused. Could my surge only have lasted a couple of hours? And if so what does that mean for dtd. We dtd last night so I am hoping I did not miss my chance. But what about today? Do we carry on dtd just incase and do I keep testing until the test line completely goes away???

Also I keep needing to pee at least every two hours. Is this a sign of OV at all?

Carry on BDing for the next couple of days - ov happens 12-36 hours after your +opk xx

A surge can only last sometimes a few hours for sure...it really depends. This is one of the reasons some women dont get on with opks as at times the surge can be missed. Get babydancine hun

Well I tested again this morning and there was a strong line but not as strong as the control line which I was expecting as I used FMU, so I tested again about lunch time and this time the test line was stronger than the control line so I thought Great. A definate positive. So I tested again when i got home from work at about 3 o'clock and the test line was lighter than the control line again. So confused. Could my surge only have lasted a couple of hours? And if so what does that mean for dtd. We dtd last night so I am hoping I did not miss my chance. But what about today? Do we carry on dtd just incase and do I keep testing until the test line completely goes away???

Also I keep needing to pee at least every two hours. Is this a sign of OV at all?

The highest part of the surge can last for a shorter period of time... sounds like you caught the surge on the way up, then again on the way down- but you certainly DTD during the right time (the 2-3 days leading up to Ov are the most important so the swimmers are present and "ready" lol once Ov Occurs).

Certainly can't hurt to DTD again tonight (just in case though) ;) then maybe test again tomorrow to see if the line has gone away to confirm?

Best of luck hun!

Thanks Seoj.

Did :sex: tonight just incase and will hopefully again in the morning LOL. Poor OH doesn't know what's hit him ;-). I think I'm def OV or about too as sex is a little uncomfortable at the moment too (TMI) Maybe where my cervix is lower? and it never usually feels like that? I'm gonna keep testing and :sex: anyway until that test line completely disappears again as I don't want to ruin my chance of missing that egg.

Either way there are defo lines there now which there wasn't before and even if we don't catch that egg this month I am happy, as it seems my body is returning to normal 3 weeks after my implanon removal and that can only be a good thing right?

Also I'm guessing that if I have or am about to OV then I should expect my period (or a BFP hopefully) in about 2-3 weeks depending on my cycle?

Sorry for all the Q's it's just that I'm new to all this ttc and am rapidly becoming obsessed :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->