• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OPK advice?

luluW

♥Waiting patiently for#1♥
Reaction score
I bought some cheap opks online just to try and see whether or not I am actually ovulating and I just wanted a bit of advice? I know that sometimes OPKs don't work when you have PCOS as LH levels are too high and you get positives all the time or something? But the first 2 opks I used (on wed and thurs) were neg so I was thinking if I get negs sometimes then surely they must be working for me?

They were totally neg, like only a control line on Wed and Thurs, then I got a very very faint like yesterday, another slightly darker line this morning, and just used another there and got the darkest line yet, so I just wanting some opinions on whether you think this is reliable or not? and if it is should I be BDing now lol? Its my first month with opks so I'm still new to it all!

Sorry my pic is kinda blurry best I can get with s**ty fone cam! The top one was from yesterday, middle from this morning and bottom one from about 30 mins ago! x

Hi Lulu. They definately look as though they are getting darker so it looks as though you are on your way, however the tests are all negative until the test line is as dark as or darker than the control line. Keep testing and you should definatley be b'ding as it looks as though it will be positive within the next couple of days.

Good luck in your BFP.

yeah definately on your way there, keep testing twice a day, good luck

Ok so yesterday I was getting stronger lines than in the pic above, but still not as strong as the control line, but when I tested again today just half an hour ago it was totally neg, only a very very very faint line. Does this mean my opks yesterday were as dark as they are going to get and that was my LH surge or does it mean I've not ovulated this month? I'm not even sure if I can trust my neg today as I've been drinking a lot of water in the heat and my urine was alot more diluted so could this have affected the result? I was getting crampy pains yesterday as well but I don't know if this means anything. I'm totally confused :sad1:

Ok just used another one today and got another negative, anyone have any ideas what could be going on? :cry:

We don't always O every cycle, it may be that you have not ovulated this time around, or perhaps you've had a quick surge that you missed. If you continue to get negative tests I'd bring it up with your Dr. It's safer to have it checked.

We don't always O every cycle, it may be that you have not ovulated this time around, or perhaps you've had a quick surge that you missed. If you continue to get negative tests I'd bring it up with your Dr. It's safer to have it checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->