OPK advise on when is the right time for dtd

XtattoochickX

Reaction score
Hey girls

Wanted to ask a question on ovulation kits

So say you do your test and you get a smiley face or a postive reading does that mean your ovulating excatly that time and you should dtd

When the next day or two and you test again with a opk and it comes back negative or with a O after u had the postives opk does that mean you have finished ovulating or you should keep dtd

I read that you can ovulate up to 36hours after a postive opk but if your opk is negative after 36hours are you still ovulating or it would only mark postive when you are ovulating and the eggs realised and waiting

Thank you

When testing with OPKs you should be testing around the same time every day to catch your surge, the surge is different depending on the person. From what I've read, most will advise to DTD three days leading up to O and a day or two after to catch the egg and some will say every other day leading up to O.

You can confirm O with BBT, OPK will only tell you so much.

Personally, I use IC which allows me to test in the afternoon and evening (IIRC Clearblue is FMU) which also allows me to catch my surge and I confirm with my temps. Fertility Friend will predict my O day and fertile week so it makes it easier to figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->