+OPK and O on same day?!

JessinChi

Reaction score
My cycle is normally 27 days and I O on day 13 or 14 like clockwork. On cycle 1 TTC I had a chemical. The next cycle was crazy, and I ended up MAYBE O'ing on CD 11, but I am kind of skeptical about it because my chart was all over the place.

This month my chart was back to normal, and I began OPKs (wandflo cheapies) on CD 10. I got a clear negative (second line barely visible) so assumed I was back to normal and would O on CD 13 or 14 because I always have a strong fade in/out pattern. Much to my surprise, the evening of CD 11 I got a raging positive (darker than the control line- its usually the same). So we quickly BD'd that night, and the next morning my temperature had spiked.

I thought that O occurs the next day? I am hoping we didn't miss our chance!! Is it possible to O so quickly after a + opk? Usually I O the day after.

It's pretty obvious from my chart when it happened:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php?redirect=/ttc/index.php&

But I didn't think this was possible!!! Anyone else have this happen?

This actually happened to me yesterday. I got a + OPK in the morning, BD in the evening, then had a temp spike today. Also, my cm has dried up quite a bit. You get a + OPK and you will ovulate within 12-36 hours, so it definitely can happen that quickly.

That's really good to know! I always thought you had at least until the next day! Luckily I made sure we DTD that night just to up our odds, but it looks like we might have missed it altogether if we had waited (DH was complaining that he was tired!!!). I am wondering if my test would have been + in the AM had I taken one, and I ovulated sometime during the night. I usually have O pains on O day but didn't have any this time- maybe I was sleeping?!?

This happened to me this cycle, I had a positive OPK on CD15 and i felt ovulation pain that same night and next day my temps spiked. We DTD on CD13, CD15 and CD16. Hopefully we girls caught the eggy!

JessinChi - It is all about timing. I having using OPK's in the morning, and wonder if I would have gotten a + OPK the night before (which would have given us two nights of good BD). Oh well! I just hope we caught the egg! Sounds like it might be almost perfect timing this month for us!

Fingers crossed that this is it for both of us! It looks like we may have just made it in there- hopefully we caught those eggs! Keep me updated on your TWW- sounds like we are almost cycle buddies!

Okay, now I have a question for you ladies. I got my + on Wednesday, BD, then had a huge temp surge on as you can see from my chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f7763

However, yesterday I had more EWCM than ever, and today I am definitely getting some ovulation cramps on my left side. What is up with that? Weird...

My ovary pain is gone today, but it was definitely there yesterday (2 DPO). Anyone else experience this?

My ovary pain is gone today, but it was definitely there yesterday (2 DPO). Anyone else experience this?

It is possibile to have fertile cm and o pain after o, but I would keep bding just to be sure! I have heard that post o pain occur a day or two late. I think temps are probably more accurate if they are steadily above the cover line. But it doesn't hurt to bd again just for peace of mind!!!

Hi Jessica,

Looks like my egg was caught just in time. I got my BFP. What is the news with you?

Hi Jessica,

Looks like my egg was caught just in time. I got my BFP. What is the news with you?

Looks like we both did :) Thank goodness for OPKS- now way I would have caught that otherwise!!! Congrats again! This is such a happy thread :)

Congrats u two! M Charting my opks too nw .. Started ydy CD 11. So fingers crossed we don't miss d eggy ..

Good luck! FX for a BFP soon! Charting + OPKs really help!

Thanks Jessinchi - got a pos opk @ cd 18 we have been bding for 3 days b4 then and on the day I got d pos opk too. Quite a long time to b charting b4 I finally got a pos opk. And we bd on my cd19 too.didn't have any symptoms of ovulation tho so I Wuld v to wait till d 2ww is over before know. Hopefully this time around I ll gt my bfp. Bfps are so beautiful to look at, I hope to gt one soon.

Thanks Jessinchi - got a pos opk @ cd 18 we have been bding for 3 days b4 then and on the day I got d pos opk too. Quite a long time to b charting b4 I finally got a pos opk. And we bd on my cd19 too.didn't have any symptoms of ovulation tho so I Wuld v to wait till d 2ww is over before know. Hopefully this time around I ll gt my bfp. Bfps are so beautiful to look at, I hope to gt one soon.

Good luck! Here's to hoping it's your month! Without charting a lot of people really mistime BDing, so it's great that it's working for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->