OPK and pregnancy test question

meow951

Reaction score
I took a pregnancy test 2 days ago and it was negative so i assume that means that my hormones are normal again.

However for the past 3 days i've been getting positive OPK's. I was just wondering can they pick up lower levels of HCG. As in perhaps my levels aren't right down yet or am i actually ovulating. I thought you usually only 1 or 2 days of positive OPK's.

i asked the exact same question a month ago meow.

I had a neg HPT, then got 19 days of quite dark opks. Are the LH lines darker or lighter than the control line?

You could be ovulating, but if you carry on getting dark lines for more days, it might mean than your body is trying to ovulate and its not happening because your hormones are higgledy piggledy - so the LH surge, or presence is maintained and is picked up by the opks

in pcos you get a lot of LH too

if it helps, even though i had 19 days of opk lines, my af still arrived 29 days after erpc.

ps, i forgot to say that the opks are less sensitive at picking up hcg than the hpts are, so if your hpt is negative, then its LH not hcg they are picking up

ok right, so it must be lh not hcg as preg test was negative. The lines are the same a the control, maybe a teensy bit lighter but really not easy to tell. Before i used to get light lines, then one dark and then back to light. This charting malarky is so hard. Wish i could afford the clear blue ones.

So if i keep getting them then it's probably that my body is trying to ovulate but hasn't yet/won't.

Hopefully AF will hurry up and then we can get serious. Never wanted to see her more in my life lol.

thats what i think, in my none doctor no medical experience way.

i didnt ov before my first af I dont think, but yours might be happening now or will happen when the LH works, i just dont think it did on me in that cycle

getting first af is a mixed bag, for me it was a huge relief, roll on af!

i had the same too, i was using cbfm and opk, got peak at day 15 then it stopped asking me for tests. i continued with opk and had lh every day til cd27. I got bloods done and showed i had ov d by day 21. i asked doc and he explained it to me. there is no lh in your body after af, opks or cbfm pick up the rise in lh, its this first spike that causes the folicle to burst and release the egg. after that the lh can remain in your system or a trace of it and that is why it continues to show up. the cbfm doesnt ask for any more tests cause its that initial spike you are looking for. of course there is delaed ov but that above is the most likely thing. lh and hc are similat too and i got bfp today so its a good sign not a bad one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->