OPK as HPT - advice please!

pinkflamingo

Mummy to an angel x
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am currently in the 2ww, with AF due on Thurs. I have read quite a lot recently about women using OPK's as HPT and this being pretty accurate. Anyway a few days after OV I had an urge to POAS(!) and so used one of the CBFM test strips (which are basically OPK's) which were from a previous pack and so going spare. The line which indicates the estrogen was really dark and the only line on there, which is what I expected as I had OV'd already. Today I am 12dpo and so thought I would try this again and see if there was any difference. The estrogen line is much lighter than it was the first time, and there is a barely visible LH line. I used FMU with both tests.

Could this be a possible sign that I am pregnant? We did BD on the day my CBFM told me that I had a peak. I know that the only way will be to do a pregnancy test, but I am trying to be patient this month and wait for my due date at least! That's why the urge to POAS led me to this!!

If anyone has found out they were pregnant by using an OPK initially, I would appreciate your opinion. Is there another reason why the estrogen line would be lighter? It was much lighter than it usually is when I start using my CBFM at the start of a new cycle (which as I say is due on Thursday).

Sorry for rambling on!

Thanks

PF x

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

I haven't found out I was preg with an OPK but I did a digital one at 11dpo -ve, after faint lines on HPTs, and one at 12dpo which +ve then got bfp on a digi HPT today...

I think your estrogen would be lower in the 2ww anyway, because progesterone takes over. The LH and HCG hormones are v similar so you'd be looking for a +ve on the LH rather than anything else.. Sorry I don't really know how the CBFM works..

x x x

I was thinking about this just yesterday and after much research the best website I could find was the peeonastick one which has photos of someone using the opk's during their cycle.

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

On these pics there is a faint line on the OPK at 12dpo in the test line as well (not just the control line as you are seeing) but it turned out she was not pregnant this cycle.

I desperately hoped there was a way to know something from these opks but getting a positive OPK only confirms that you have either LH OR HCG in your system.

Fingers crossed for you x

SBB huge congrats on your BFP!!

Thanks for your replies. I had taken a peek at that website earlier today and saw the pics. It gave me a bit of hope as the control line had gotten lighter as the dpo increased, which is what has happened with my control line. I only have a couple of days left until AF is due, so will wait until then and if she doesn't show on Thursday then I will try a HPT.

Good luck to us all ladies!

x

Thanks hun! Good luck I hope it's the start of something for you!

x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->