+ opk but - digital

yellowstars

Reaction score
on sat i got 2 positive line opks (2 different brands) but when i tested with the digital (using the same urine) it was negative. i would post a pic but i can't quite figure that out yet!
any idea what that means? i know a + opk doesn't necessarily mean O, just an LH surge BUT wouldn't the digital also detect my LH surge?? anyone have this happen or know what it means? i'm fairly certain i ovulated because i had pains in my right ovary so we BD Fri-Sun but i'm not feeling 100% because of that stupid negative digital test! argh!!:wacko:

on sat i got 2 positive line opks (2 different brands) but when i tested with the digital (using the same urine) it was negative. i would post a pic but i can't quite figure that out yet!
any idea what that means? i know a + opk doesn't necessarily mean O, just an LH surge BUT wouldn't the digital also detect my LH surge?? anyone have this happen or know what it means? i'm fairly certain i ovulated because i had pains in my right ovary so we BD Fri-Sun but i'm not feeling 100% because of that stupid negative digital test! argh!!:wacko:

Oh how annoying!! I don't know what to suggest...maybe you caught the begining or end of the surge rather than the peak, so if the digi test is less sensitive than the other two (and they do vary) maybe it didn't pick it up...? If that's the explanation anyway you should be fine in terms of when you dtd! OPKs are so annoying. I was thinking of switching to digis next month but if they're a pain too as it sounds like from your experience then I think I might have to go the cbfm route...I think they're about £50 on ebay and it doesn't take long for that to mount up with rubbish opks and squinting at lines!! Good luck xx

:hugs: Don't worry about it. Some tests are more sensitive to LH than others. I only use certain brands that are sensitive enough to work for me. I have tried multiple brands that claim to detect 25 LH but only one or two will pick up my surge.:shrug: It's kind of crazy, 'cause I can POAS and dip 5 different brands, and 2 will show a surge and 3 won't. Your surge can range from something to as low as 21 to as high as 100ish. Every woman (and every surge) is different!:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->