-opk but ewcm help!

Rah

Mummy to 2 princesses
Reaction score
As the title says i have EWCM (just starting today) but opk is negative and when i say negative it is the faintest line ever not the -ve where its just fainter than control line but really faint to the point of none existance

What to you think?
Should i take it as im about to O and ignore the -opk or wait to see if the opk turns +ve soon

Could i have EWCM and not O which is why the opk is -ve?

EWCM can begin a few days before O whereas an opk indicates 24-48 hours... its coming soon!!!

This is why I gave up on OPKs and just bought a CBFM. I only ever got faint lines on them, they never looked positive. I would trust your body and ignore the OPK.

It will probably turn + soon. Get BDing and keep BDing until you have no symptoms of ov and a -opk again. Good luck

Thanks girls
Im trying to follow smep this month so hopefully will catch it eggy

I think 1 of 2 things could've happened in your situation:
1) Your body was gearing up to ovulate but hasn't yet (hence the EWCM)
or 2) You ovulated but just didn't catch your LH surge on the OPKs

I've had this problem too this cycle - had EWCM and got faint lines on my OPKs but not as dark as the control, so not positive! Though I'm only testing once a day when I get home from work though, so I really think I might just be missing my LH surge - maybe that's happening to you too? e.g. OPK on CD12 at 7pm was negative, and OPK on CD13 at 7pm was negative, but it MAY have been positive in between, but just didn't get a chance to catch it!

This morning my temp rose quite a bit, so I'm pretty sure I ovulated (just waiting for 2 more higher temp days to confirm it). I'd suggest charting temps if you don't get BFP this cycle, good luck!

thanks for your reply

i am opk-ing every 12hours do maybe im gearing up to it and its going to be a few days later than i though
fingers crossed

I had a few days of faint lines last month before I finally got positives on day 18 which is late for me - I'm sure it's on it's way keep testing. I find I only get strongly positives on a morning and they get a little fainter as the day goes on - think its supposed to be the other way round

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->