opk confusion!

Essjay85

Reaction score
Hi this is my first month ttc.*
Usually quite fertile, fell pregnant first month with ds1 and fell pregnant 2nd month with ds2.
I dtd on a Friday night and got a pos ic opk on sat 12pm thought that was my positive as the test line was the same color as control. Then the next day (Sunday) I got a really positive opk. Test line darker. Dh was not around so the last day we dtd was Fri! So could have possibly been 3 days before ov. Have I got a good chance this month? Any of you other ladies got pregnant dtd 3 days before ov? Should I go by the first opk or the second with a stronger line?

Sperm can live in a sperm-friendly environment for up to 5 days. I've read 7 max but it's unlikely. The strong positive means you are extremely close to ovulating. I start off with a + opk with the same color lines and the next day a very strong + along with a bbt dip so I ovulate on that 2nd day. I recommend temping if this cycle isn't successful. Sometimes you'll get an lh surge and you gear up to O but don't actually O until later for some reason. The only way to really catch it is if you temp.

Thanks for your post. This is my first month charting and even using opks! So it's all new to me! X

And if im the same as you and ovulate on that day with the strong positive then I could have dtd 2 days before ov! So maybe quite a good chance this month! Wishful thinking maybe 😁

Did you get a temp dip and a rise the following days? Some women get + opk for several days.

No I haven't been doing temps. But My cycle is usually very regular and the CM is pretty much text book. I will get to the temps If this month fails. Thanks xx

I'd say 2 days b4 still gives you a great chance. Good luck!

Hello, Essjay and Smille! I, too, just starting using OPKs and charting BBT and I had a + OPK CD 14, but a stronger positive CD 15 accompanied by a BBT dip. I'm glad to hear that you gals have a similar experience! Praying that we all catch those eggs.

Fxd for you gals. I'm still waiting you O but it should happen soon. I've just been feeling very off this cycle.

I hope you don't mind if I jump in here but I have a reeeeeeeeeally stupid question. I've only just recently started using opks and have NEVER gotten a positive. I know the test line is supposed to be as dark or darker than the control line but that's about it. This month I got a dark line one day and a darker one the next (both maybe a few shades away from the control so possibly still not a positive) but the third day it was back to a super light test line. The darker lines started on the day I started testing so I don't have anything to compare it to for earlier in the month.

With all that being said, here's my question: is it normal for it to be dark on the two days and then back to super light the next? Did I possibly just convince myself that I was still not getting positives but I actually have a chance this month?

How many times a day are you testing? It is possible you missed a surge especially if they got lighter. I recommend temping so you can see a pattern.

The doctor has me just doing over first thing in the morning from cd11 until my mid cycle scan with them. As soon as I realized it was possibly my positive I made sure e dtd for the next two days and had done it the day before the first dark line. I actually have a bbt to temp track I just always forget to use it. Waking up at 4am makes it hard to remember anything.

The doctor has me just doing over first thing in the morning from cd11 until my mid cycle scan with them. As soon as I realized it was possibly my positive I made sure e dtd for the next two days and had done it the day before the first dark line. I actually have a bbt to temp track I just always forget to use it. Waking up at 4am makes it hard to remember anything.

It's better to test in the afternoon around 2. The hormones are stronger then. Also if you notice they are getting darker test 2x a day. I test at 2 and 8pm. That way you have a better chance of catching the surge. Good luck!!!

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd update I'm 10dpo now and the tww is driving me mad! Time seems to go so slow..... lol and I'm a poas addict.... I'm trying hard to hold off until AF is due but it seems impossible. I'm testing with ic's knowing they'll be negetive so I dunno what the point is lol baby dust to you all this month xx

I can usually hold out until a day or 2 b4 af. Otherwise I get really depressed.

Wish I could be that good! Hope this is our month guys. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->