OPK driving me nuts

AliBiz

Reaction score
So this is the second cycle that I have tried OPK and so far have never gotten a positive...so I have a question: Does the line gradually get darker, or is it barely there one day then BAM dark as hell the next?

I'm afraid that I am somehow missing it or worse not ovulating....but surely if I was not ovulating I wouldn't have a thermal shift in BBT???

Anyone would think I was a novice at this TTC business but I am really confused at the moment :S

Mine usually gets darker gradually over a couple days. But that being said I know a lot of women will take 2 a day. So maybe you're just missing the surge? You're not using FMU right?

No I test about 2pm every day.... Maybe I need to take 2 a day then.

Maybe! I only ever test around 10 am (SMU). Maybe try testing then as well?

I have to use OPKs in order to time my IUI appointments. I've learned a few things:

1) Don't use First Response. I've NEVER had a positive test from them, even when I was definitely O'ing - huge amounts of EWCM, positive test on ClearBlue OPK from the same cup of pee.
2) Do test a couple times of day - LH is synthesized in the mid-to-late morning, so testing in the late morning and early afternoon can help ensure that you catch your surge. I personally only get positive tests for about a three-hour window, but I KNOW I ovulate (I have to have a blood test 7 days later to confirm, part of the process at my clinic).
3) Don't over-hydrate!! Diluted urine will make it harder to read your tests. Avoid coffee etc. as well so you don't get dehydrated, but try to make sure there's at least 3 hours between trips to the bathroom.

I've been using OPKs for a while now and I know it will sound silly but I wasn't getting a positive on them at all the first few months, then I realised I wasn't actually waiting long enough for anything to develop, maybe you need to give it a few more minutes before looking? I give it about 5 minutes now and seem to get a much better and more consistent result.

I agree flourish! I use dollar store OPK's and they need a little more time to fully develop. I remember when I conceived my ds2 I used the expensive cb digi with smiley OPK and never once got a positive. My dollar store ones give me the best positives! And with my temping I notice I do O the day after my positive.

Thanks a million Ladies...going to take all that on board. They are cheapie Internet ones but hadn't thought of a few of the points above.... This has been a great help :flower:

I agree with MommyB- $store OPKs are really effective and only cost a dollar, what more could you ask for?

I noticed last cycle I did not drink a lot of water and saw a darker line each day around 2pm because I was not constantly going to the bathroom. However, this cycle I'm drinking A LOT more and barely see any lines because I have a bladder size of a walnut and cannot hold it for more than 30 minutes. So my urine is diluted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->