OPK help with irregular cycles

LesleyL

new mommy of twin girls!
Reaction score
Ok so the doctor is starting me on clomid next month. He wanted me to do opks this month just to make sure I didn't ovulate because I had an HSG done at the beginning of March. I have never gotten a positive on an OPK. I am on cycle day 22 and still did not get a positive. There were days mid-cycle that the test line showed darker than it did other days, but it was never as dark as the control line. Does anyone think its possible that I missed the surge? Or I am still not ovulating??? I started testing twice a day at about cd 13. BTW-i only get periods with provera or bcp. I'm all messed up! Just want to know if anyone thinks there is a chance for me when i take a pg test next wk. Thanks ladies!!!

Hey hun. If your testing twice a day then you should be catching the surge. Don't test with FMU though. I heard the best time is around 10 am and then I do another at 6-8 pm. I got a neg on yesterdays Opks but positives all today. Periods don't come if your not ovulating and it sounds like that's what is happening. I did, however, have a long cycle last month and didn't ovulate until cd 24. So maybe this will be a long cycle for you. Good luck!

Once you get a line that is considered "dark" for your pattern, you should switch to the ClearBlue digital test. It takes the guess work out of how dark it should be. It sounds like you are OV'ing if the lines are changing intensity.

Hi dont give up, I got my + this cycle at CD36 and my firend who is 5 months pregnant had hers at CD43.

Keep going, I know its a pain but you will get there.

PS - I have PCOS!

thank you! yes i haven't had a period for about 10 months on my own and even that one was a withdrawal bleed from bcp. what a pain when ttc! can't wait to start the clomid next month; hopefully it will stop the guessing if i o'd or not.

I too have pcos, and did my first round of clomid this month cd2-6 at 100mg these are my opks the first pix is cd10-15 the 2nd is cd17 the third is cd18 fourth is cd19 then fifith is cd20.

Attachments

• MARCH15OPK.jpg
    MARCH15OPK.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1
  • CD17.jpg
    CD17.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 0
  • CD-18.jpg
    CD-18.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 0
  • cd19, day 5 positive opk.jpg
    cd19, day 5 positive opk.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 0
  • CD20 230PM.jpg
    CD20 230PM.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 0
Thank you Arrielle! Mine all look like the negative ones you have in the first pic. Don't think I'm going to ovulate without the clomid:( good luck to you!

Are you getting a line that progressively gets darker but is never as dark or darker then the control line?

It was darker than other days at about cd 18 an d19 now its hard to even see a test line. So maybe I did O-not too sure. I guess the readings all depend on how much lh you produce.

My darkest looks like the 3rd stick down on arrielle's first picture box.

Try to test twice a day if you are able to, I know it's hard!
I would get a line dark but can't seem to get one as darker or darker then the control line. How long have you been using OPK'S?

I have been testing twice a day since about cd 13....but the first time of the day is always with fmu because I work weird hrs...so I test in the am when i wake up and at night before a go to bed if I have held my urine long enough. I used opks jun july august of 2010 and then did again in nov, dec, and jan...then again this month. I know I didn't ovulate in the past but the doctor wanted me to really keep track this month before I start the clomid since I had the hsg done. I should've just invested in a ovulation monitor a long time ago.

Keep testing till you get AF you never know , it's possible you just ovulate late!
Good luck hun let us know how everything goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->