OPK help

JAJuly2013

Mom and Wife
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I've never used OPK's before. I decided to try this month. i am not temping.

The month I got pregnant (Conceived in May, lost it in June), I found out I conceived very early in my cycle. Then on CD 5 I appeard to have EWCM so I bought an OPK to try to figure out what was going on...

CD 5 - EWCM
CD 6 - Negative OPK - light line
CD 7 - Negative OPK - fainter line
CD 8 - Negative OPK - No line at all - Ovulation pains in early A.M.

Is there a chance that Im interpreting my bodies signs incorrectly and I am still due to ovulate or am I really ovulating early in my cycle and I just missed the LH surge? Im so confused right now!:wacko:

Hi hun, can i ask how long your cycles usually are? If you are a 28 day cycle you probably wouldn't O until around cd14. Sometimes my body is telling me I should be Oing but i get negative OPK's, a few days later i get nice strong positives. I think sometimes our 'signs' aren't very reliable, although we usually DTD anyway just in case. :thumbup:

They are slightly irregular. They are anywhere from 26-30 days. I conceived this may and I ovulated right after my period which I thought was strange. Just wondering if that's the case this time. Should I just wait a few days and take more tests?

Yes i would wait a few days, keep testing (mid morning and late arvo) and DTD whenever you can. Goodluck!!

Agreed. Keep testing till you get a true positive and until it goes away and stays away. I have gotten EWCM super early in my cycle a few times. May I ask, how do you know that the month you got pregnant you conceived really early in your cycle?

(I'm sure you know this buuuut I'm a temping advocate so I'll just say once, real super quick, OPKs don't tell you for sure when you are going to ovulate. They only tell you that your lutenizing hormone is surging which could lead to ovulation or could not. Temping is the only way, short of a doctor's help, to know you have ovulated.)

Good luck!

Agreed. Keep testing till you get a true positive and until it goes away and stays away. I have gotten EWCM super early in my cycle a few times. May I ask, how do you know that the month you got pregnant you conceived really early in your cycle?

(I'm sure you know this buuuut I'm a temping advocate so I'll just say once, real super quick, OPKs don't tell you for sure when you are going to ovulate. They only tell you that your lutenizing hormone is surging which could lead to ovulation or could not. Temping is the only way, short of a doctor's help, to know you have ovulated.)

Good luck!

Yeah I do realize temping would be more accurate especially in conjunction w/ OPKs. I'm only using the OPK's this month out of curiousity. My Fiance and I mainly just use my period tracker app to estimate when I Ov.

The reason I know I ovulated early in my cycle in May is because AF occurred from May 12th-14th and I got a positive digital HPT on May 24th (CD13) and then it was backed up by blood work a few days later. My HCG levels were very low, below 50 at that time. So they said i was super early in my pregnancy. Very strange....LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->