OPK help

MummyKP

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Hoping to start TTC in the next couple of months, and I've started taking folic acid to help this, but I'm considering using OPK's, but not entirely sure on them. I don't want to get too worked up on conceiving straight away - obviously I would love to catch first cycle, but I'm aware this isn't always the case. I don't really want to get obsessive over ovulating etc, although I can see it happening knowing me lol so I was just wandering if people could give me some advice & info on OPKs and how they work as I've not used them before.

Thank you :)

When I used them trying for #1, I used Internet cheapies. Peed in a pot and dipped it in then just waited to see if there was a line. I can't remember if it was FMU or not though.... sorry I'm not much help!
I can remember that as the line appeared I'd get a faint line one or two days then it would be really dark so when you got the faint lines I knew I'd have O-day pretty soon... so that was the time to :sex:

I know how you feel, I was unsure whether to use them a but Iv got one pack and I'm going to see howit goes, there's a lot of pressure eespecially on here to do everything possible to catch first month bit if your happy seeing how things go for a bit you can always use then further down the line if you need to

Ive just bought a pack spicyorange, will see how things go!

I found it helpful in just learning how to read all the signs my body was giving that things were going to happen.

That's what I'm hoping to gain from it MummaMoo :) did it help you much?

they are helpful but it can be very frustrating waiting for that darker line!

I keep telling myself I won't get too worked up on them, but I can tell I more than likely will. I might use them this month so I can find out the signs for when I'm ovulating, and then in December if we start TTC, I'll go with the flow and see what happens. Thanks callmedan

That's what I'm hoping to gain from it MummaMoo :) did it help you much?

Yeah, I think they did - and along with using fertility friend too, to help list other signs that you were ovulating, it got to the point where I just knew and didn't need the app or OPKs to tell me.

I'll be doing it all again this time around though, I just don't know how my body is going to behave after having Sophie and then those horrible BC pills I was on... plus I quite enjoyed doing it!

I agree with MummaMoo too!

I used Fertility Friend (charting) and watching the signs from my body (CM, cramping, etc.) and that seemed to help me sooo much more than the OPK's and it was cheaper! :haha:

Thank you both. I have FF but haven't managed to look at it properly yet, although will do over the next few days as AF is due, so wanna use November to track when O so I can pick up the signs ready for December :)

Will you be putting your chart in your sig? That way we can help you analyze if you like.

Tbh MummaMoo, I haven't a clue what I am doing on it right now! Lol. I must try work it all out!! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->