OPK newbie -- HELP! First ever opk peed on! Positive?

MommytoBryson

Mom of 1; TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi, ladies!! This is my first time ever using an opk. My husband and I have one amazing 2 year old son, and it took us 4 years to conceive him. We have currently been trying to get pregnant with #2 since two months before our son turned 1. I have Endometriosis and PCOS, so I have very very irregular, long cycles. My last period was May 10, and the one before that was March 29.

Anyways, I decided to start using opk's, hoping this will help me pinpoint exactly when I am fertile. I've been trying to use the cervical mucus method, but with no success, obviously. Yesterday, I noticed my cervical mucus was extremely stretchy (sorry if TMI)....it stretched about 5 inches between my fingers! I immediately told my hubby, and we did the deed about 30 minutes after I noticed the cervical mucus (this was 22 hours ago).

I went to the dollar tree today and decided to buy several ovulation tests. I came home and peed on one, wondering if maybe I was ovulating today since my cervical mucus was so stretchy yesterday.

A second line popped up right away, but wasn't as dark as the second line. Like I said, I am new to opk's, so I'm not sure if this means I ovulated yesterday, a few days ago, or I haven't ovulated yet. I checked my cervical mucus after using the opk, and I didn't have any.

I will post a pic after I post this. Maybe you ladies can tell me what you think. Here are my questions:

1. Since I saw the very stretchy cervical mucus last night, does that mean I hadn't ovulated yet? Or does stretchy cervical mucus stay around even after ovulating?

2. Will an ovulation test always have two lines?? If not, will there still be a line a day or so after ovulation?

Okay, thank you in advance!! I am posting a pic right after I post this1

Hi Hun I will try and help.
1, I don't get stretchy cm but I get watery which is the fertile kind and I get lots of it up til my positive then it goes like a day after my positive. But some ladies have said they get ewcm up until positive then it completely disappears.

2, OPKs can have 2 lines all the time. There not positive until the test line is as dark as or darker than the control line. X

Thank you so much for your answers, Keds! That helped so much! I tried to upload a pic, but I'm having trouble because the pic is on my phone. For some reason, it won't let me upload it from there!

I took another ovulation test 4 or 5 hours after the first one, and the second one had a second line also, but it was sooo faint I could hardly see it. Now that I look at the first one, the line is pretty dark. I wouldn't say it's as dark as the control line, but almost! I will cross my fingers and hope we did the deed before I ovulated! Hubby has been working for 7 days, so we have only managed to do it twice those days (the first day, and the 6th day)...maybe we'll get lucky! Lol

Thank you again! :)

That's ok Hun glad I could help. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"