+ opk now neg !

donnarobinson

Mommy Of 3 Boys
Reaction score
So I had a + opk around 10.30am and around 4.00pm , I've done one this evening & its negative obv that means my surge is up but does that mean Ill ovulate soon, I think I'm going to now I've got cramps and just can't feel it x

Hiya - A positive OPK means that you will ovulate 12-36 hours from then. Good luck

Thanks girls , I thought it was negative bt it wasn't it was still postive this morning is it 12 -36 hours from the 1st + x

Ye I toiught that but I'm sure I've ovulated I had bad cramps last nite and this morning then a sharp pain x

It could be 12-36 hours from any of the positive readings...that's why OPKs are such a pain. You just don't know unless you are also temping along with using them.

Also, remember that OPKs shouldn't be taken in the morning....they won't be accurate!

Hi. I came on here looking for an answer to a very similar question. I had a negative OPK last night, then positive at 8am today, then negative again this evening. I had cramps around 10am today, so am a bit confused about if and when I've ovulated.

I knew that you're less likely to get a positive result in the morning (due to the hormone being broken down over night?) but I'm intrigued by the comment about morning OPKs not being accurate. Does that mean that my test this morning may have been a false positive?

It is because there is a little bit of the hormone for the opks always in your system, and by holding your pee all night while you sleep it creats a build up of that hormone that can then seem like a surge but its just build up from you keeping it in all night, not a true surge of the hormone.

Its why the best time to take a preg test is in the morning, cuz you held it all in so even if there is a little you're more likely to find it in the morning cuz you concentrated it through the night.

Thanks girls, I don't use my 1st wee , I had positives all day yday & my 2nd wee today x

Ah ok, that makes sense. I was up early with LO, so 8am was actually 2nd wee of the day. That should be ok then?

Its 12-48 hours after your FIRST +opk, dont wait until your surge has ended and then start counting the 12-48 hours or you may miss your slot, especially as the best time to concieve if from BD prior to Ovulation. Good luck x

I bd last night , the night b4 and the 7th, ! So the 7th,9th,10th, x I hope I'm covered x

Sounds like we're in a very similar situation this cycle, donnarobinson. Good luck :)

Its 12-48 hours after your FIRST +opk, dont wait until your surge has ended and then start counting the 12-48 hours or you may miss your slot, especially as the best time to concieve if from BD prior to Ovulation. Good luck x

Not necessarily. I've had a week of positives building up to my surge before. I usually ovulate about 12 hours after the last one. It is different with everyone...some ovulate at the beginning of their surge and some at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->