OPK opinions

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Ive been using opks for a few days this cycle and i seem to have some conflicting info.

First one done on cd10- Negative
cd11- negative
cd12- negative but getting darker
cd13- negative but again getting darker. Test was also done after holding pee for an hour and a half
cd14 (todays) negative but second line gone very faint again like cd10.

So i have opks getting darker and going faint again but all negatives. My chart shows no temp rise yet.

Im a bit confused, so do i keep doing opks for another few days and see what they are like?

Thought id add, my temp seems to have gone up this morning so maybe cd13 was my positive opk?

Either way i will be having a blood test to see if i ovulated or not.

Hi Arcanegirl!

As those ovulation sticks are really expensive, which ones do you think are the best?

Good luck this month!

I got mine cheap from a friend ;)

I think i have about 60 so theyre gonna last me for a good few cycles.

Oh AG I've no ideas esspec with history of your cycles if you know what I mean.

Poppy I sell them (lol @ friend) however I'm stopping but have one bundle left.
50 opks & 20 pg tests ... £15 and yours inc. postage ... if your UK :D (paypal)

Admittedly ive never got full on positive opks, just ones that get darker so maybe i should make the darkest my positive?

I always went with my darkest positives - But bear in mind your LH can fluctuate several times before you actually ovulate - You won't actually ovulate until your LH reaches peak levels, so ovulation predictors can be a little confusing as they can start to go darker, go lighter than darker again. However if you are temping too, you should be able to pinpoint ovulation once it has occured.

How long are your cycles BTW?

I shall keep going with the opks and see if theres anymore fluctuations.

My cycles are around 31 days for now

Here are my charts for an idea of my cycle lengths https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1220e1

Hmmmm I'd expect you to ovulate say around Day 16/17 with a 31 Day cycle - But then it can depend on the length of your Leutal Phase. My cycles were around 33 days when regular and I ovulated around Day 19.

Hang on.....just gonna have a look at your chart.

Looking at your chart, I don't think you have ovulated yet. Pre-ovulation temps are typically 36.1-36.4....Although you've had some dips in temperature, you can have several dips before ovualtion and you go with the lowest temp dip. Ovulation is hard to identify on a chart until after you have actually ovulated though.

Post Ovulatory temps are usually between 36.4 and 37.0.....See what your temps are like over the next few days, I think you are building up to ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->