OPK positve late period Help!

Alita

Reaction score
Dear ladies , I was feeling rather strange the last weeks so after my period was late 2 days which is never the case , i decided to go trough my med cabinet this morning .

I only found an OPK box so i decided to test ..I red everywhere OPKS can detect HCG the same as a pregnancy test so I thought to give it a shot and to my surprise I found a fainted but def visible line .
Do u ladies think this is a positive pregnancy ?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 19
Hi I didn't want to read and not reply!
I'm not the best with opks, but I have read before that for them to be positive the test line needs to be darker than the control line, I think most women always have some kind of line.
Don't count me on this information as I'm not very clued up!
Have you tried a pregnancy test? X

I wouldn't use an OPK as a pregnancy test. Can you buy a test for tomorrow morning if late or cook the pee for 3-4 hours (try not to drink much in that time)? Good luck x

thank you ladies , i am not so experienced with this stuff , I will def buy a pregnancy test tomorrow , id like to be at least 3 days late ..

peeing a lot today though , not feeling normal
wich me luck !
A

You will usually always have some sort of line on an opk test. For it to read positive, the test line would have to be equal to, or darken than, the control line. I've heard that it can be a sign of pregnancy when that happens but not a done deal. I would use a hpt and see what happens.

Xx

It's true that OPKS can detect the pregnancy hormone but OPKs will almost always have a second line on them even when not pregnant. I definitely agree with grabbing a pregnancy test when you can. Wishing you lots of luck!!

Agreed I wouldn't use an opk as an hpt. Did you confirm o? It's possible you're ovulating now. I'd take an hpt though. If an opk is detecting hcg then an hpt would as well

Also isn't the line closer to the arrow the test? In which case this isn't positive. Like a pp said opks almost always have a second line. Mine is pretty dark around af due date

It looks like a digital OPK. Did you get a smiley face? Lines on the digitals don't mean anything. When I was pregnant I would get smiley faces on digital OPKs.

yes i did get a smiley .. i checked ovulation and also got a smiley on day 10 , 3 days late on my period now (day 31) , only been late when pregnant ..

will go out today and buy a test .. will update :)

My experience with opks and pregnancy:

- When not pregnant, I used to get positive opks before period, smiley face included.

- When pregnant, maybe 5 weeks, I tried an OPK out of curiosity, and it was the most positive test I'd ever seen. There was basically no ink for the control line, the other line was dark purple-black. My pregnancy tests at this stage were super positive as well (twin pregnancy), but the OPK was out of this world

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->