opk question ? advice plz

pushmug7

Reaction score
today i bought a bunch of boots opks, im planning on testing to see if i actually ovulate or not , i have regular cycles and havnt taken BC since having DD 4 yrs ago, so what are the chances i could get a positive opk and not actually ovulate ????

Anything is possible. Positive test just shows a lh surge which usually indicates ovulation however ur body can gear up for it but it not happen

^ wss this sometimes happens to me as I have months of anovulation but still have a lh surge which sometimes lasts for weeks

When I have positive OPks for a lengthy time is my clue , the months when i have ovulated and go on to have a proper periods I have 2 days of positive OPks n that's it plus a lot of EWCM and pain on one side .... like July and August this year..currently I'm on cd 62 had 1 week positive opks and currently having some light link scanty spotting

I have been having a bear of a time with OPKs, and I have done tons of research because of it. It is possible, but very rare, for a woman to have regular cycles an NOT ovulate. That being said, I have yet to catch an LH surge, and I have regular cycles.

Every body is different, and it could just be that the amount of LH required for you to ovulate is a smaller amount than most women, and it just isn't detected by the strips. There are so many mechanisms that have to go right for ovulation to occur that it is possible, as itsnowmyturn said, to have a surge and not ovulate.

Really, the best and most recommended way to see if you are ovulating is to track your temps and pay attention to your cervical mucous. If you visit FertilityFriend.com, there is a wealth of information and even courses that teach you all of the ins and outs of temping. You will always have a temp spike when you ovulate, so it is the best way to tell if you are ovulating.

Best of luck to you!!

thanx for the information ladies , november is getting closer and im prepping :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->