OPK question...so confused

mod19

Reaction score
My Dr has me using opks these last two cycles before putting me on clomid. Haven't really used them before so I'm not sure what to think. Im using two different opks. Regular ones where the test line gets darker than the control line and the first response digital one. First response said tests say to use first morning urine. According to the first response I had a surge on cd12, but the regular one didn't look positive at all. I tested twice that day with the regular ones and neither line was positive. Since then my fmu or second morning urine opks are definitely positive but if I test in the afternoon or evening they're very negative. I'm so confused. I don't temp ( we've been trying for 4 years and am so over the whole temping thing). Should I rely on the digital one that you can't use after the first positive or should I assume I haven't o'd yet?

Opk's typically work best when you use urine that has been held for at least 2 hours between the hours of 11am and 6pm. I personally do not like the first response opk's at all. I have never gotten a full positive e on them when all other brands have been positive. I would recommend the clear blue digital (not the advanced one). If the morning opk test lines are as dark or darker than the control line then perhaps your afternoon urine is too dilute to show an accurate result. Try to withhold liquids 2 hours before you are going to test and see if you get the same result.

You said that you are over temping, but I would advise you to temp in conjunction with the opk's. It will help you figure out if the positive opk is truely positive and confirm ovulation.

After two years of temping with no bfp you start giving up...I'm sorry you just do. I know that I o around CD 19, thus last month it changed because my manager finally convinced me to try a supplement that we've personally heard success stories about. Figured I'd give it a go as one last hopeful attempt before going on fertility meds. Its supposed to help balance out your hormones but I thought it was crazy that I was getting my surge a whole week before I usually do.

I know how you feel. After over a year of trying and 3 losses I was ready to give up as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->