OPK question

S

Semanthia

Hello everyone!

I lost my baby in February and my husband and I are feeling ready to give it another try but want to wait until we have a doctor we are comfortable with. So it'll be a few months but I want to track my cycle and find out exactly when I ovulate and what not while I am waiting, plus I figured it would help when we try.
Anyways, I have been taking ovulation tests and this morning the test line was darker than normal but not the same or darker than the control line. So I had read that you should test in the afternoon because women often have a LH surge in the morning but it isn't in your urine until about 4 hours later (I am not sure how accurate that is, I am by no means an expert). So when I did my afternoon one it looked like it was the same as the control line but I'm finding it hard to tell can anyone help me. I know they can be tricky and I don't want to falsely write down that I had an LH surge if it really isn't one. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.
https://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc514/cmcm02162011/4192011possibleLHsurge.jpg

Very sorry for your loss.

That looks like a positive OPK to me. If I am correct, as long as it is the same color or darker then it is a positive OPK.... I can be wrong, but that is what i remember from using those tests.

I would always test in the afternoon around 2:30 or so.

Also, I gave up on those tests when we were ttc and switched to ClearBlue Easy Digital OPK test (smiley face one) You can't get it wrong, it is either a smiley face or just a circle.

Best of luck!!

:hugs: do sorry you lost your beautiful baby x x x

I think that Opk looks positive too ...
I also recommend testing between 2pm and 4pm and to use cb Opks (Boots (uk) OPKs are good too)

:dust:
Jo
Lots of :dust:

I found I only got my +ives around 5pm onwards, my surge must be in the afternoon. Maybe do another 3-4 hour hold and test again and compare.

I am so sorry for your loss, she is beautiful, I cried when I saw her picture and made me wonder how I would cope with that myself and I have no idea how ladies like you draw the strength.

What kind of opks are you using? I'm using up & Up target brand and mine look like yours. Here's mine.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 4
What kind of opks are you using? I'm using up & Up target brand and mine look like yours. Here's mine.

I am using Answer Daily Ovulation Tracker. I bought two boxes but I think when I've used those I am going to switch brands. The control line on mine seems faded. I think I might go for the digital ones! Add a little excitement in tracking LOL.

Sorry girls another question. Is it normal to get a positive test two days in a row? Todays was a little lighter than the control line, but yesterdays was slightly darker. I feel so clueless about this, ah the mysteries of my body. I've never tracked before.

Yes, it's different for every woman- and every woman can be different each month too. In december- my surge was gone within the same day- this last month- it was positive for like 36 hours.. so it can fluctuate!

I believe yours are similar to mine then. On the box of mine it says compare to "answer"

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g